13th February 2020, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

What is the upper and lower age limit to be eligible to join Indian Army?

Hi, I wish to join in Indian Army. My date of birth is 31-5-1995. I'm a Dialysis Technician. I have 4 years of practical experience as well. Am I eligible to apply to join Indian Army? If yes, then how and in which department and at which post can I join in Army?

18th June 2023, 09:00 AM
eduking

Default Re: What is the upper and lower age limit to be eligible to join Indian Army?

There are different entry schemes to join Indian Army and the age limit varies according to the posts. For example, NDA requires age to be in the range of 16.5 to 19.5 years while for normal soldier posts the age should be between 19 to 23 years. There is no age relaxation available for armed forces jobs.

Hence, you must make sure that your age is below 23 years if you are looking for jobs based on class 12th. For graduates, there are other schemes like CDS which require the age of up to 25 years.
30th June 2023, 09:58 PM
Chandanguriya
Banned

Default Re: What is the upper and lower age limit to be eligible to join Indian Army?

The age limits for joining the Indian Army can vary based on the entry scheme and the specific category of recruitment. Here are the general age limits for different entry schemes:

1. National Defence Academy (NDA):
- Age Range: 16.5 to 19.5 years
- Candidates must be unmarried male candidates and should have passed the 10+2 examination.

2. 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme (TES):
- Age Range: 16.5 to 19.5 years
- Candidates must be unmarried male candidates and should have passed the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.

3. Combined Defence Services (CDS):
- Age Range: Varies for different academies
- For Indian Military Academy (IMA): 19 to 24 years
- For Officers' Training Academy (OTA): 19 to 25 years
- For Air Force Academy (AFA): 19 to 23 years
- For Naval Academy (NA): 19 to 22 years
- Candidates must meet the educational qualifications as specified for each academy.

4. Technical Graduate Course (TGC) and University Entry Scheme (UES):
- Age Range: 20 to 27 years
- Candidates should have completed their engineering degree or be in the final year of engineering.

5. Short Service Commission (SSC):
- Age Range: Varies for different branches
- For Technical branches: 20 to 27 years
- For Non-Technical branches: 19 to 25 years
- Candidates should meet the specific educational qualifications and criteria mentioned for each branch.

It is important to note that the age limits provided above are general guidelines, and they may be subject to change. The exact age limits for a specific entry scheme or recruitment category can be found in the official notifications and advertisements released by the Indian Army. It is advisable to regularly check the official website of the Indian Army (www.joinindianarmy.nic.in) or the employment news for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the age limits and eligibility criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?