5th June 2011, 05:54 PM
abrara

What's the eligibility criteria for chiefmates in India? I've completed 36 months as second mate

i had given my second mate exams in u.k. I have completed 36 mönths as second mate can i give my chiefmates exam in india?

21st February 2016, 12:05 PM
Knowledge World

Default Re: What's the eligibility criteria for chiefmates in India? I've completed 36 months as second mate

Chief Mates are the leader of department of merchant Navy and they work under the captain of the ship. They also called chief officers.
Yes, You are eligible to write the Chief mate exam in india because you have cleared the two stages to be a chief mate i.e Third mate and second mate in any foreign country aleast for 1 year.
Now you are eligible to write the First mate exam which comprise mainly four parts i.e
1. Two written test
2. Oral test
3. Signal test

Written test include questions related to Electronic, Safety,Ship maintenance,Cargo work etc.

The minimum age to write this exam is 21.
All the Best
21st November 2017, 05:54 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What's the eligibility criteria for chiefmates in India? I've completed 36 months as second mate

I have completed 40 months sea experience as a ab and done pre sea and I have completed BSc. ( batcholer of science) so can I give direct 2nd mate exam FG with out ncv.
Please reply email- [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?