27th May 2018, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Whether 3rd year appearing students are allowed to take admission in IPCC or not?

Sir, I'm 3rd year appearing student so I have to make registration in CPT or IPCC? I heard that I can register for IPCC. Is it true? Or do I need to complete my graduation first then apply for IPCC?

29th May 2018, 11:49 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 3rd year appearing students are allowed to take admission in IPCC or not?

First thing I would like to let you know that CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) and IPCC ( Integrated Professional Competence Course ) are stage first and stage second of CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) course.

The minimum education required for appearing in CPT is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education while to register for IPCC a candidate is either required to first complete foundation course in CA by qualifying CPT or the candidate is required to have completed his/her graduation degree with 60% marks ( or 55% marks in case of commerce stream graduates ) from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor degree are also eligible to register for IPCC on the provisional ground.

So, being a student of final year of bachelor degree you are eligible to register for both CPT and IPCC courses as per your educational qualification.

For more details and FAQs related to CA course, you can refer to the link www.icai.org.in.
30th May 2018, 09:00 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 3rd year appearing students are allowed to take admission in IPCC or not?

To be eligible to register for IPCC, you should have passed B.Com course with at least 55% aggregate marks or any other Non-Commerce graduation course with at least 60% aggregate marks from a Government recognised university. If you have not secured the above specified aggregate marks in your graduation course, you have to appear in CPT examination to be eligible to register for IPCC course. You should have to complete your graduation course to be eligible to register for IPCC course.
31st May 2018, 10:05 AM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility to register for IPCC ( Integrated Professional Competence Course ) being a final year candidate of graduation degree then I would like to let you know that you are eligible to register for IPCC on provision basis (through direct entry scheme ) but your candidature will be valid for IPCC admission if your marks in graduation degree is 60% ( or 55% marks for commerce stream students ) marks from a recognized university.

In case you are not able to get admission in IPCC through direct entry scheme then you will have to first completed foundation course in CA by qualifying CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) and then you can register for IPCC. Also, the minimum education required for appearing in CPT is a higher secondary school degree from a recognized board of education.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?