9th January 2018, 08:59 AM
Enquary

Whether D.Ed is equivalent to B.Ed or not?

I'm holding a Master in Visual Arts from Rabindra Bharty University with 1st class in Painting and teaching Drawing in Barasat PCS Govt. School. If I complete D.Ed will it be equivalent to B.Ed?

11th January 2018, 06:35 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether D.Ed is equivalent to B.Ed or not?

No, both the qualification is not equivalent.

D.Ed is Diploma in Education where as B.Ed is Bachelor degree in Education and it is higher in qualification as compared to D.Ed.
11th January 2018, 10:43 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know is that B.Ed refers to Bachelor of Education where as D.Ed stands for Diploma in Education and as the name suggests while B.Ed is a professional undergraduate degree course while D.Ed is a diploma degree course and hence D.Ed is not equivalent to B.Ed as diploma degree cannot be equivalent to B.Ed.
13th January 2018, 11:11 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

D.Ed stands for Diploma in Education. B.Ed stands for Bachelor in Education. D.Ed is mandatory for primary School teaching and B.Ed is mandatory for high school teaching. B.Ed is higher degree than D.Ed. So, B.Ed and D.Ed is not equivalent.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?