28th June 2018, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

Why the employment ratio is gradually decreasing for BTech candidates?

Respected Sir/Madam, my father is not allowing me to do BTech course because of the low employment ratio in India. But I am interested to do this course. I want to know that why the employment ratio is decreasing gradually for BTech candidates? Kindly tell me immediately.

29th June 2018, 06:50 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Why the employment ratio is gradually decreasing for BTech candidates?

There are several reasons for it:

Rate of employment generation is low as compared to number of graduates in engineering every year.

Quality of engineering has degraded. Only candidates with degree are available with very less technical knowledge.

But those who have done their degree in engineering has ample opportunity and can get job with their caliber. You must not think too much about it and convince your parents to allow you to pursue the degree.
29th June 2018, 08:55 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why the employment ratio is gradually decreasing for BTech candidates?

The employment ratio is same from the past few years.

B.Tech is a graduation level degree which has different streams and plenty of universities offer this course.
The demand for B.Tech is high so most of the people are interested to study B.Tech.
Since the number of students are increasing day by day the job opportunities and the companies are searching for talented people.
In previous years the candidates who passed from B.Tech are less so the companies recruited the candidates who have a basic knowledge but in now a days the candidates studying B.Tech are increasing the companies are filtering and searching for the candidates who have good skills.
If you have talent, good knowledge and good command on your subject then the company will surely recruit you.
The candidates who have studied their education from top universities like IIT, NIT, BITS and etc., Colleges you'll surely get placed in Mukti national companies.
29th June 2018, 11:51 PM
xJhinukx

Initially , the rate of candidates joining a company and the workers leaving a company were almost equal hence maintaining the equilibrium.
Now a point has reached where saturation has been achieved. Vacancies are not being created at a higher rate and Btech graduates are only needed for support purpose and not anymore for development purpose. Because development has reached a saturation point, where you actually had the scope to earn higher.
Btech graduates are still employed in various companies but the salary and prospects are not impressive.
30th June 2018, 08:48 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The employment ratio is decreasing because of following reasons:

Number of engineers produced every year is more than employment generation.

Engineering has just become a degree which candidate pursue. No application of technical skills in engineering field.

Structural and disguised employment is prevalent.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?