29th August 2019, 02:40 PM
Amarkumar@89

Will I be able to appear for PGT English after MA in English?

I did graduation in History with keeping subsidiary subject English of 100 marks. I am B.Ed degree holder but now I decided to pursue PG {Master in English}. It is because I want to qualify NET exam in English subject. Will this degree which I want to pursue be valid for my PGT level for English teacher in government school or in colleges?

31st August 2019, 04:21 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to appear for PGT English after MA in English?

The eligibility criteria for Post Graduate Trained Teacher is:

1. You must have studied English at bachelor's degree and done post graduation in English from a recognized university.

2. You need to have at least 50% marks in bachelor's and master's degree.

3. Bachelor of Education qualification is necessary.

You will have to score minimum of 55% marks in masters degree to apply for National Eligibility Test exam.
31st August 2019, 05:45 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required to become a PGT teacher is is masters degree and B.Ed.
As you have already done your B.Ed and now you are wanting to pursue Masters course in English subject hence, you will be eligible after it.
31st August 2019, 08:29 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum educational qualification required to apply for the post of PGT is B.Ed along with masters degree in the subject for which you want to apply as a PGT teacher.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?