6th March 2019, 04:24 PM
S_h_a_n_u

Will I be able to apply for NDA if I opt for Arts stream in Intermediate?

Sir, I want to join India Army but, I'm confused about my subject/stream which I should for my Intermediate. Will I be able to apply for NDA if I opt Arts stream? If not, then which stream should I opt? If Science, then subject combination?

11th March 2019, 12:02 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to apply for NDA if I opt for Arts stream in Intermediate?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NDA examination but eligible to get recruitment only in Indian Army not in Air Force or Navy.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible eligible to appear in the examination.

Examination is conducted in two stages. So, you will have to appear and qualify in both stages for final selection.
12th March 2019, 09:01 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to apply for NDA if I opt for Arts stream in Intermediate?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NDA examination even if you opt Arts stream in Intermediate. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream are eligible to join Indian Army through NDA examination. To join in Indian Navy or Air Force, you should have studied Mathematics and Physics subjects in your 12th standard. So, being a 12th standard Arts stream, you are eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Army.
12th March 2019, 11:12 PM
Meg24

Yes you are eligible for NDA if you complete your intermediate with arts.
Coming from an arts or commerce background can help you in applying only for the army Wing.
Science students can apply for all the three wings of defence.
Also of you are looking for the science stream I suggest you to go with the PCM stream which will be beneficial for you in the futher run.
Coming to arts , you can seletct the subject of your choice .
13th March 2019, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Yes you are eligible to opt for NDA as the course pursued by cadets is Bachelors in Arts, Science and Commerce. By doing Arts at the intermediate level, you can go ahead and pursue a Bachelor in Arts once you get into the NDA.
I would recommend that you also take some guidance in giving the NDA entrance which has mental ability, language, psychology and ground testing. If you do Arts you can join quite a few Depts in the Army, Navy and Air Force, for eg Logistics, Admin, with further training in law--JAG (legal) ..there is even an option of joining in the Education section in each arm of the Forces.
There are books which are easily available at book stores to help one prepare intensively for the NDA. First be sure of what you want to do, speak to people from the Armed Forces and then decide. Always be fully prepared before going for an entrance and test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?