30th October 2018, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Will I be disqualified from IAS screening test if I have tattoo on my hand?

I am final year degree student and I am preparing for UPSC exam for IAS. I have a tattoo on my right hand below wrist. Is there any problem? Are there any chances of disqualification from exam at any stage?

31st October 2018, 09:10 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be disqualified from IAS screening test if I have tattoo on my hand?

No, you will not be disqualified from Indian Administrative Services screening test if you have tattoo on your right hand below wrist. The academic qualification required to apply for Civil Services exam is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates are also allowed to apply for this exam.

The age criteria for this exam is 21-32 years for general category candidates. There is three years upper age relaxation for OBC and five years for SC/ST candidates. This exam has three stages namely preliminary exam, mains exam and personal interview.
31st October 2018, 11:23 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be disqualified from IAS screening test if I have tattoo on my hand?

You will not be disqualified from preliminary examination or medical examination if you have tattoo on your right hand.

The eligibility criteria for IAS Civil Services exam:

1. You must be graduate or pursuing final year of bachelor's degree.

2. You should be at least 21 years and the upper age limit is 32 years for general candidate.

3. The notification for 2019 will come in February.
31st October 2018, 01:42 PM
somany3116

Arrow Re: Will I be disqualified from IAS screening test if I have tattoo on my hand?

Tattoo is not a problem for IAS .

The most important thing, stop thinking about these things and don't be uncertain of things that don't really matter.. Just be clear what you want to achieve your doubts like tattoo can’t become obstacles into your preparation.
31st October 2018, 06:13 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

There is no provision given for the tattoos in the official notification released by the UPSC. But Army notification clearly says" there should be no tattoo or any kind of religious mark on your body". Secondly, if you are having tattoo also just make sure it is not visible during the time of interview, as it leads to questioning and may cause or lead to less marking in the interview which may affect your overall score.
The most important thing, stop thinking about these things and don't be uncertain of things that don't really matter. Just be clear what you want to achieve.
31st October 2018, 06:30 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services recruitment to this service is done through civil services examination. The examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

There will be no problem in a screening test if you have tattoo on your right hand what you need to do is to crack preliminary examination mains exam and personal interview top rankers of this exam at selected for IAS.
31st October 2018, 07:27 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

There is no disqualification for any candidate in Indian Administrative services examination if he has tattoo on his right hand.

He is not rejected during the medical examination after the interview
31st October 2018, 07:45 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

There is Medical test conducted in the recruitment process of IPS. In that case, you will be disqualified for having be tattoo.

IAS recruitment process has 3 steps.
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Exam
3. Interview

There is no restrictions mentioned in the official notification for having tattoos. But, in the interview round, interviewer may feel awkward by seeing tattoo, and you may get less marks on it. But, interview round marks also matters in the final selection process, so it may indirectly become a reason of disqualification.
14th August 2019, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

I have tattoos on my inner face of my right arm and one at my shoulder.will I able to be an IAS officer
29th December 2021, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

I have tatto on my hand?can i become IAS officer?
27th July 2022, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I becone an IAS Officer if I'm having tattoos on my forearm and upper side of right hand ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?