26th June 2013, 10:45 AM
aman.28.1994

Will I get NIT after scoring 161 in JEE mains and 86% in Boards?

hi i am getting 161 in jee main and 86% in boards will i get a nit or not?

4th June 2015, 02:04 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get NIT after scoring 161 in JEE mains and 86% in Boards?

NIT stands for The National Institute Of Technology and the admission in it is through the JEE across India. There are 31 NIT in India the recent one was announced in the Andhra Pradesh.

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in the NIT as you have qualified the JEE Mains examination as the cut off was only 105 for the general category which is less than the 161 marks and so you are eligible to appear for the Advance examination. Through the Advance examination you have an opportunity to make it to the IIT's.

You have also scored 86% marks in the board examination which will also play a major role in improving your overall rank as the rank card is prepared on taking in consideration of the board as well as Mains score.

So you can submit your score on the www.cbse.nic.in for the counselling to get the admission with the stream and college according to your preference. After the counselling you are allocated the institute with the stream to take the admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?