31st December 2017, 10:19 PM
Shridevi gunjiri

Years to study MBBS after B.Sc. in Nursing?

How many years do I need to study further if I join MBBS after completion of my B.Sc. in Nursing? Please, do let me know how long does it takes.

3rd January 2018, 05:50 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Years to study MBBS after B.Sc. in Nursing?

There is no relaxation in number of years for candidates belonging to Bachelor of Nursing for pursuing Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.

Academic qualification: 12th board passed or appearing from a recognized board with minimum of 50% marks. Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects in 12th is necessary.

Age limit: 17-25 years.

If you meet above two criteria, you can apply for NEET exam for admission in MBBS and BDS course. It will be of 4.5 years for you.
3rd January 2018, 11:35 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The duration of course of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course is 4.5 years and one year of internship.

Even after Bachelor of Nursing, you need to pursue MBBS course in same duration.

Eligibility criteria for MBBS course:

1. You should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

2. Minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree is required.

3. Age limit is 17-25 years.

You need to apply for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
4th January 2018, 05:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You will have to devote 4.5 years of study for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course. There is compulsory internship of one year for all candidates. Overall, you will have to devote 5.5 years after completion of Bachelor's degree in Nursing.

Admission in MBBS and BDS courses done on basis of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. You should have at least 50% marks in 12th and compulsory subjects must include Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?