29th March 2016, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply in CBI Inspector recruitment with -3.5D Vision? What does vision with glasses means?

Hi,
I am doing B.Tech and I want to go for CBI. But the problem is my vision. I have lens power of -3.5D. Am I eligible for Inspector post of CBI? What is vision with glasses means? Please help me.

1st April 2016, 12:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in CBI Inspector recruitment with -3.5D Vision? What does vision with glasses means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am doing B.Tech and I want to go for CBI. But the problem is my vision. I have lens power of -3.5D. Am I eligible for Inspector post of CBI? What is vision with glasses means? Please help me.
If you fulfill below given physical criteria then you are eligible for CBI exam.

Physical standard for male candidate :-

i) Physical Standards ( Minimum )

Height 157.5 cms.
Chest 81 cms. ( expanded of 5 cms. )

ii) SSC Physical Test :

Walking : 1600 metres in 15 minutes.
Cycling : 8 Kms. In 30 minutes.

Physical standard for female candidate :-

i) Physical standards ( Minimum )
Height 152 cms.
Weight 48 Kgs.

ii) Physical Test

Walking : 1 Km. in 20 minutes.
Cycling : 3 Kms. in 25 minutes.

c) Vision :

Eye-sight ( with or without glasses )
Distant vision : 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye.
Near vision 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye.
1st April 2016, 07:36 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in CBI Inspector recruitment with -3.5D Vision? What does vision with glasses means?

It will be difficult to clear medical test with the eyesight you are having at the moment. Normally, for a job which you have mentioned they prefer candidate with a good eyesight.

Hence, just clear the exam and don't think about medical now. You might get the nod if you can clear the medical test for eyesight.
1st April 2016, 11:11 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

One who wishes to join CBI as inspector should appear for SSC CGL exam .

The eligibility criteria required to apply for the exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate should holds Bachelor's degree in any discipline with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized board.

-The candidate age should be in between 20 years to 30 years for general category. Age is relaxed for OBC by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-Selection Process :

Written test ,

Skill test ,

Group Discussion, and

Interview.

Physical requirements:-

Height :

*For male candidate - 165 cm.

*For female candidate -150 cm.

Chest: 82 cms with 5 cm expansion (There shall be no such requirement in case of female candidates)

Eye Sight :

Distant Vision (with or without glasses): 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye.

Near Vision: 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye.

To get more details,you can visit the official website of SSC : www.ssconline.nic.in
26th February 2021, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

I got 53% marks in my graduate degree. Am I eligible for SI CBI post ?
26th February 2021, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

I got 53% in my graduation. Am I eligible for SI in CBI ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?