21st June 2014, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Indian Statistical Service exam if pursuing M.S. 3rd semester?

Sir,
I want to give Indian statistical examination this year, and right now i am doing my Master of science with statistics and i'm in Semester 3 I want to know that m i eligible to give ISS exam..?? I have given Sem 2 examination and awaiting for the results...

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible for Indian Statistical Service exam after passing MSc Ag(Statistics)
  2. Am I eligible for Indian Navy if I had 1 backlog in previous semester of computer science and engineering? If my aggregate is 60% to 70% then can I apply for it? Would the backlogs affect my chances?
  3. Can I apply for Indian Statistical Service examination after M.Sc. (Mathematics)?
  4. how can i join indian navy being in final year? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Indian Statistical Institute B.Math Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Educational criteria for ISS and IES exam
  7. Required Percentage of Marks to apply for Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  8. Indian Statistical Service Exam, Statistics - IV Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. Minimum percentage required in B.Tech, 10th and 12th to sit for IES?
  10. Previous 5 years questions papers with solutions for Indian Statistical Service entrance exam? -- [New]
  11. Indian Statistical Service Statistics - III Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester in BE IT after completion of Diploma?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for Indian Army after passing 1 subject in 3rd semester of WBUT
  14. Can I appear in Indian Statistical Service exam with M.Sc degree of Open university?
  15. How to download model question papers of Indian Statistical Service?
  16. Previous question papers of Indian Statistical Service exam?
  17. Indian Statistical Service Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. Procedure to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 5th semester BE in Electronics and Instrumentation? Information regarding University Entry Scheme?
26th June 2014, 04:49 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Statistical Service exam if pursuing M.S. 3rd semester?

If you are studied Bachelor's Degree with Statistics/ Applied Statistics/Mathematical Statistics as one of the subjects then definitely you are eligible to apply OR you should have completed Post Graduate Degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. Even Candidates appearing for their final examination are eligible to apply.

Indian Statistical Service Examination/Indian Economic Service is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. A Combined Entrance Examination for recruitment to Junior Time Scale of the Service given below.
  • ISS (Indian Statistical Service) - 23 Vacancies
  • IES (Indian Economic Service) - 15 Vacancies

2014 Indian Statistical Service Examination/Indian Economic Service Examination was already completed on 24th May 2014. Next Exam notification will be publish in the month of February or March in the official website of UPSC as well as Employment News Paper. You are eligible to apply for IES/ISS Examination, 2015.

Eligibility Criteria :-
  • Candidate should have completed Post Graduate Degree in Statistics/ Applied Statistics/Mathematical Statistics from a recognized University.
  • Candidate age should between 21-30 years as on 1st august of the year of Examination.
  • Upper age limits is applicable as per government Norms.

Indian Statistics Service Exam Pattern :-
  • General English
  • General Studies
  • General Statistics - I
  • General Statistics - II
  • General Statistics - III
  • Indian Statistics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?