1st May 2015, 04:33 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for UPSC exams after graduating from distance education in one year?

I'm graduate (B.Sc) from distance education in one year so since i studied from distance education tell em that may i eligible for upsc exam such as IAS,CDSE,IPS

4th May 2015, 11:21 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UPSC exams after graduating from distance education in one year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm graduate (B.Sc) from distance education in one year so since i studied from distance education tell em that may i eligible for upsc exam such as IAS,CDSE,IPS

Yeah you care eligible for applying for the UPSC exam after graduating in B.sc in distance education. Degree in any discipline from a recognized university is needed. If the open University is recognized then there is no problem.

IAS & IPS exam are one of the civil service exams and the eligibility needed are:

# The candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category candidate and there are relaxation for other category candidates.

# For SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years

# The candidate appearing should be physically fit.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for either IAS or IPS.

Regarding the CDS exam the eligibility needed are:

# Nationality standard states that candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed is 19-24 years for IMA.

# For Indian Navy it is 19-22 years and for IAF it is 19-23 years, for OTA it is 19-25 years

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th May 2015, 01:18 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UPSC exams after graduating from distance education in one year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If your B.Sc degree course duration is 3 years then you are eligible for UPSC exam. But your degree must be recognized.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS/IPS exam. IAS/IPS exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 years
5th May 2015, 01:48 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear definitely you are eligible to apply for UPSC civil's examination with your distance education. But you should complete your graduation from the recognized University. That means your college/University must be accredited by AICTE/UGC.

And more I have a doubt about you education. Actually distance education will be for 3 years for B..SC. But as you said you have completed it in One year itself. I think it is not possible to complete in One year.

For more details regarding the UPSC Exam eligibility you can have a look on the below eligibility Criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Exam :

1.You should have complete your graduation from the recognized university with minimum percentage of marks.

2.But you college should be recognized by UGC/AICTE.

3.Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is a Age relaxation applicable for all the reserved candidates.

For OBC --- 3 years

SC/ST --- 5 years

4.Final year students can also eligible to apply for UPSC Exams.

In addition to UPSC civil's you can also give exams like

--> Indian Forest Services

--> SCRA

--> Defense Sector Jobs in any of the three wings namely Indian Army, Indian Air Force,Indian Navy through CDS and NDA.
6th May 2015, 02:13 AM
mayank thapar

Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Exam :

1.You should have complete your graduation from the recognized university with minimum percentage of marks.

2.But you college should be recognized by UGC/AICTE.

3.Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is a Age relaxation applicable for all the reserved candidates.

For OBC --- 3 years

SC/ST --- 5 years

4.Final year students can also eligible to apply for
6th May 2015, 09:52 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

for appearing in the upsc civil services examination you need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
you must be a citizen of india. you need to be a graduate no matter whether is it a regular course or is at a distance education course, if you are a graduate you are eligible for the indian upsc civil services examination.
the age limit for appearing in this examination as 21 to 32 years for the general category .
21 to 35 years for the obc category and 21 to 37 years for the sc/st category.
the number of attempts for appearing in this examination or 6 for the general category, 9 forbc category and no limitation for the sc st category.
29th August 2017, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

AM I ELIGIBLE FOR WRITING CDS EXAM IF I FINISH MY DEGREE IN DISTANCE EDUCATION ?
30th October 2017, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I give UPSC or any Graduation based exam after 1 year degree from IGNOU?
12th February 2019, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible For UPSC exam, if I have done distance Education in one year under UGC university
14th November 2019, 03:04 AM
Unregistered

After doing my tyba from sndt university am i eligible fr upsc exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?