17th April 2017, 02:51 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for WBCS exam after HS and graduation without Bengali paper?

I have one Bengali paper in Madhyamik but no Bengali paper in H.S and Graduation. Am I eligible for WBCS exam, school service exam, etc?

17th April 2017, 11:58 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for WBCS exam after HS and graduation without Bengali paper?

WBCS examination stands for West Bengal Civil Services examination and to appear for this examination candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria;

> Candidates must be an Indian citizen..

> The minimum age should be 21 years and can apply till the age of 32 years. For OBC the age is relaxed by 3 years, for SC/ST it is 5 years and for PWD the age limit is 45 years.

> Candidates should have completed their bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university.

> Candidates should know how to write and speak in Bengali.

> Candidates should be physically and mentally fit.

As you have given one Bengali paper in 10th, thus it means that you know how to read and write in Bengali. Therefore, it doesn't matters whether you had Bengali in HS and graduation. Since, you know Bengali language, so you are eligible to apply for WBCS examination.
17th April 2017, 02:43 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for WBCS exam after HS and graduation without Bengali paper?

To write the WBCS (West Bengal civil Services) exam the candidate must have obtain a graduation degree from any discipline and from a recognized university and should have completed his/her matriculation and 10+2 from a recognized board of education. The candidate should have the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali. Those candidates who are from the hilly areas and speak Nepali language are the exceptions. The age of the candidate should be in between 21 years to 32 years. The upper age limit is relaxable in case of the reserved candidates as per the norms of West Bengal government.
27th April 2017, 01:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have one Bengali paper in Madhyamik but no Bengali paper in H.S and Graduation. Am I eligible for WBCS exam, school service exam, etc?
If you fulfill below given criteria, then you are eligible for WBCS exam.

WBCS stands for West Bengal Civil Service exam. This exam is conducted by Public Service Commission.

Those who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for WBCS exam. There is no marks criteria. Final year student are eligible for WBCS exam.

You must speak, read, write in Bengali language .

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 35 years
For OBC: 21 to 38 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 40 years
22nd April 2018, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

I have science stream in HS. But I want coaching for wbcs from1st year.what subject should I choose in hons graduation.Is English suitable?
15th June 2020, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

I am HS pass from West Bengal Bord can i apply for WBCS ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?