14th December 2017, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

B.Sc Statistics graduate is eligible for any post in Indian Navy?

Sir, I have been a science student with PCM till class 12th as my main subjects. Now, completed B.Sc Statistics honors. Am I eligible for Indian Navy in any kind of post?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  2. Can I join Indian Navy after completing BSc in Statistics? I am interested in Indian Navy
  3. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Eligibility to appear in GATE for BSc(Statistics) graduate? -- [New]
  5. Opportunities in Air Force or Navy for post graduate in IT?
  6. IES exam for 3rd year Engineering student?
  7. Any entrance exam for BSc maths and BSc Statistics? Eligibility criteria for BSc Maths and BSc Statistics?
  8. Will there be any scope for me of doing Job in Merchant Navy after completion of BSC in Statistics?
  9. Can I join Indian navy as officer after completing graduation?
  10. How to work in Indian Navy after finishing BSc Nursing in Puducherry
  11. Possibility to get an officer post after B.Sc Mathematics in Indian Navy while doing job as a Sailor? Which are the posts available for me?
  12. Can a MCA final year student apply for IES exam? Government job exams for MCA students?
  13. Am I eligible to do M.Sc(Statistics) being an IT graduate?
  14. Educational criteria for ISS and IES exam
  15. List of short term courses after BSc degree
  16. Which entrance exam I need to write to take admission in Indian Institute of Statistics in M.Sc Statistics course?
  17. Am I eligible to join Indian defense forces like Navy, Air force or Military? I am 25 years married man and having post graduation in physics
  18. Will I be eligible for Indian Navy or Air Force after scoring 45.33% in 12th from Science Stream? What is the format of filling the form?
14th December 2017, 09:09 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Sc Statistics graduate is eligible for any post in Indian Navy?

Eligibility Criteria Required to join Indian Navy:

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to join Indian navy with B.Sc in Statistics qualification. In order to join Indian Navy, you are required to appear in CDS (Combined Defence Services) Examination that is conducted by UPSC every year.

>> For Indian Navy : The basic educational qualification required is Bachelor of Engineering from a recognized university

>> For Air Force Academy : Graduation is required with Physics and Mathematics at 12th Class level or else Bachelor of Engineering is required.

>> For Officer Training Academy or Indian Military Academy: Graduation in any stream is considered.

Hence, you may be eligible for other wings like Air Force Academy, Officer Training Academy and Indian Military Academy except Indian Navy with B.Sc in Statistics qualification.
15th December 2017, 05:36 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for Indian Navy after completion of B.Sc Statistics course. In order to be eligible for Indian Navy, a candidate must have completed B.Tech/B.E degree in any stream from a recognized university. Also age of the candidate must not be less than 19 years and more than 23 years. Candidate must be an unmarried Indian citizen.
15th December 2017, 06:56 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible at this instant to join Indian Navy after the completion of B.Sc in Statistics.
To join Indian Navy, candidates must have to qualify in the CDS examination.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the CDS examination is that candidates must have completed their Bachelors degree in Technology or Engineering from a recognized University.
Candidates age must be in between 19 to 23 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?