13th December 2013, 05:46 PM
Deadly Devil

Best book for CSE GATE preparation among the followings?

Hello Everyone,

I am currently preparing For GATE in CSE.

I want to know which is the best reference Book for the following subjects:

DBMS :-

Database Systems by Ramez Elmasri, Shamkant B. Navathe
OR
Database System Concepts 6 Edition by Abraham Silberschatz, Henry F. Korth, S. Sudarshan

Data Structure :-

Data Structures with C By Seymour Lipschutz
OR
Data Structures Using C and C++ 2 Edition By Yedidyah Langsam, Aaron M. Tenenbaum, Moshe J. Augenstein

Please if anybody could help me by telling me which book among the two is better?

19th December 2013, 11:53 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Best book for CSE GATE preparation among the followings?

With my personal experience I would suggest the below books,

-> Database System Concepts 6 Edition by Abraham Silberschatz, Henry F. Korth, S. Sudarshan

-> Data Structures Using C and C++ 2 Edition By Yedidyah Langsam, Aaron M. Tenenbaum, Moshe J. Augenstein

Whenever we go through core subjects like DBMS and Data Structures it's always best to go for the one which are older and with more revisions published where more inputs and examples will be added.

It's really a good practice to check out the previous year questions papers of GATE exams to find out what type of questions are followed and how to prepare and answer them. Some of the books which as the previous set of papers and enables you to prepare well is as follows,

To know more about GATE 2014 exam - http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate2014/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?