3rd October 2015, 02:07 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for government job after completion of 2nd year mechanical engineering?

I am completed my ssc with 87.45% and also completed my hsc with 61% and now I am currently completing my engineering in mechanical branch for second year. So is there any government job for me , depending on my qualification?

Related Questions:
  1. How to join B.Tech 2nd year mechanical engineering in AP after completion of mechanical engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of B.E Mechanical Engineering with 62% marks?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for government RRB job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. Is there a chance for me to get the government job after completion of B.Tech 3rd year ECE?
  5. Detailed procedure to apply for Internship in BHEL for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 2nd year student?
  6. Is NDA entrance exam hard to crack? What is the procedure to crack the exam?
  7. Which courses I have to do while doing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in order to get a Government Job? Which exams do I need to answer? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which path I choose next? Central government job or higher studies after completion of B.E Mechanical Engineering with 86% marks?
  9. Which exams are necessary for getting a government job after completion of mechanical engineering?
  10. How can I apply for Summer Internship in Tata Steel being a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 2nd year student?
  11. How to get a job in government after completing degree? I am a 2nd year mechanical student
  12. Am I eligible to apply for government job after completion completion of BA graduation from IGNOU?
  13. Can I get central Government job after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Any private job after completion of Diploma engineering?
  15. Can I do diploma in Civil engineering after 10th?
  16. Is it possible to apply for Government job while doing B.E ECE 2nd year?
  17. What are the job opportunities available after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  18. How to join aeronautics after completion of diploma in mechanical course?
3rd October 2015, 05:04 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I apply for government job after completion of 2nd year mechanical engineering?

Since you are completing your B.Tech and you become a mechanical engineer. So there are lots of options for you in government job..
Firstly you have to decide in which field you want to do job whether to do job in your core companies or in any other government job..

**If you are strong in your core subjects then you can do jobs in core companies such as:
--NTPC
--BPCL
--HPCL
--ONGC and many more

But in my opinion you have to qualify the GATE exam with good score for getting a job in core companies.

**If you are not too much strong in your core subjects then you can give other exam such as:
--IBPS PO, CLERK
--SSC CGL, CHSL
--FCI

The above mentioned exams are conducted every year and these are non tech exams i.e the question paper does not contain any questions from your engineering discipline.
3rd October 2015, 06:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for government job after completion of 2nd year mechanical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am completed my ssc with 87.45% and also completed my hsc with 61% and now I am currently completing my engineering in mechanical branch for second year. So is there any government job for me , depending on my qualification?
After completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible for government sector jobs like Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

Educational qualification:-

Eligible ITI departments are Fitter/Electrician/Instrument Mechanic/Mill Wright or Maintenance Mechanic/Mechanic Radio & TV/Electronics Mechanic/Mechanic Motor Vehicle/Wireman/Tractor Mechanic/Armature & Coil Winder/Mechanic Diesel/Heat Engine/Turner/Machinist/Refrigeration & AC Mechanic.

Eligible Diploma departments are Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Automobile Engineering.

Age criteria:-

Minimum age =20 years
Maximum age =30 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?