28th January 2016, 08:05 AM
Unregistered

Can i apply for short term service in Indian Army after B.Tech?

Gurpartap singh,

I have just taken the exams of last semester(8) in computer science enginering. My result is awaited. Some of my subjects are not clear yet. Can i apply for short term service in indian army?

28th January 2016, 12:48 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can i apply for short term service in Indian Army after B.Tech?

Yes, you are eligible to get recruitment in the Indian Army through the TGC entry.

Through this entry candidates are directly eligible for SSB ( 2nd stage )without written examination and after qualifying in it become eligible for selection in Indian Army. The application form is released twice every year.

So, as you are in the 8TH semester, you are eligible to apply for it. Candidate passed B.Tech/B.E are eligible to apply for it.

For more information about it visit at http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
28th January 2016, 01:53 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Short term service in Indian Army after B.Tech.
Candidate have to produce his/her degree at the time of Interview.
Candidate should me citizen of India.
Candidate must be unmarried.
Age of candidate must be from 21 to 25 years.
28th January 2016, 07:36 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There is TGC which is technical graduate course offered by Indian Army for B.Tech graduates. This is a short service commission and you will get an officers job after qualifying the SSB and training at the academy.

You can also try exams like CDS and other short service commission like NCC Special Entry Scheme if you have an NCC certificate.
28th January 2016, 07:37 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You are in the final year of your degree course having some backlog subjects and wanted to know about the eligibility for the short service commission (tech) in Indian Army.

>>Yes, definitely you are eligible for the short service commission. The selection procedure consists of SSB interview of shortlisted candidates. The candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their percentage in degree course.

>>There is no issue of backlog subjects. It is mentioned in the notification that the candidate has to produce the engineering degree within 12 weeks from the commencement of training at Office Training Academy (OTA). So if you clear all the subjects before completion the course, then you are eligible for the post. So, in my opinion you have try your best to clear all your backlog subjects.

>>For more details you can go though the website:http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in/
28th January 2016, 09:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Gurpartap singh,

I have just taken the exams of last semester(8) in computer science enginering. My result is awaited. Some of my subjects are not clear yet. Can i apply for short term service in indian army?
You are in final year of graduation degree so you are eligible for short term service in Indian Army.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree or final year of graduation degree are eligible for Indian Army.

Your age should be in between 21 to 26 years.
29th January 2016, 12:17 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Gurpartap singh,

Yes, you can join short service commission after B.Tech Graduation. The age limit is 20 to 27 years as on 1st October 2016. The period will be for 10 years for the Commissioned Officer. After this period the aspirant will be given two options one is can opt for permanent commission and the other is to opt out. The aspirant should be fit physically and mentally for this job. The applicant has to apply through online. The website link is, http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in/default.aspx
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?