29th November 2019, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Tamil Nadu PSC Archaeological Officer recruitment being an MA(History) postgraduate?

Hello everyone, I have completed my MA in History. I want to apply for Archaeological Officer post in Tamil Nadu PSC. So I want to know that I am eligible or not to apply? Kindly help me to know about this. Waiting for your response!

30th November 2019, 01:58 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I apply for Tamil Nadu PSC Archaeological Officer recruitment being an MA(History) postgraduate?

Tamil Nadu PSC Archeological Officer recruitment -

* Eligibility criteria

Candidates must possess degree in M.A Degree in Ancient History Or Archeology.
Or

Candidates must possess M.A.Degree in History or Indian History or in Tamil from any recognized University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Epigraphy and Archaeology awarded by the Institute of Epigraphy, Department of Archaeology, Government of Tamil Nadu or Post Graduate Diploma in Archaeology awarded by the Archaeological Survey of India.

For more information log on to official website www.tnpsc.gov.in
30th November 2019, 02:58 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Tamil Nadu PSC Archaeological Officer recruitment being an MA(History) postgraduate?

Yes you can apply for Tamil Nadu PSC Archaeological Officer recruitment being an MA(History) postgraduate.

Educational qualification required are as follows:-

Candidate must have passed M.A. degree in Ancient History and Archaeology or in Archaeology or History or Indian History and a Post Graduate Diploma in Epigraphy and Archaeology or Post Graduate Diploma in Archaeology awarded by the Archaeological Survey of India.

Candidate must have passed Tamil as one of the subjects in Degree level.
30th November 2019, 03:01 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Tamil Nadu PSC Archaeological Officer recruitment:

** Eligibility Criteria:

## Educational Qualification:

i) Must possess M.A.Degree in Ancient History and Archaeology or in Archaeology.

OR

Must possess M.A.Degree in History or Indian History or in Tamil from any recognized University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Epigraphy and Archaeology awarded by the Institute of Epigraphy, Department of Archaeology, Government of Tamil Nadu or Post Graduate Diploma in Archaeology awarded by the Archaeological Survey of India.

ii) Must have passed Tamil as one of the subjects in Degree level.

## Age Limit:

Minimum Age: 18 years.

Maximum Age: 30 years.

No age limit for SC/ST Candidates.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for this post.
30th November 2019, 03:26 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to apply for Tamil Nadu PSC (Public Service Commission) Archaeological Officer recruitment is Candidate must have passed M.A.Degree in Ancient History and Archaeology or in Archaeology OR M.A.Degree in History or Indian History and A Post Graduate Diploma in Epigraphy and Archaeology or Post Graduate Diploma in Archaeology awarded by the Archaeological Survey of India and Must have passed Tamil as one of the subjects in Degree level. Candidate upper age limit required to apply for this recruitment is 30 years. Upper age relaxation are available for reserved category candidates.

So, yes you are eligible to apply for Tamil Nadu PSC (Public Service Commission) Archaeological Officer recruitment being a MA (History) post graduate.

For more information, you can visit their Official Website http://www.tnpscexams.net.
30th November 2019, 03:43 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To apply for Tamil Nadu PSC recruitment for Archaeological Officer, the minimum education required is a Master of Arts in Ancient History and Archaeology or in Archaeology or must possess M.A. degree in History or Indian History or in Tamil from a recognised university of India.Further, one must have opted for Tamil as a major subject at degree level.

So, having completed your Master of Arts in History degree course, you are certainly eligible to apply for the mentioned recruitment if you satisfy criteria other than educational qualification too.

For more details regarding the same recruitment, you can refer to the official link of TNPSC i.e; http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/.
30th November 2019, 03:56 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Tamil Nadu PSC Archaeological Officer recruitment being an MA (History) postgraduate.

Educational Qualification -
Candidates must have passed M.A. degree in Ancient History and Archaeology or in Archaeology or M.A. degree in History or Indian History and a Post-graduate Diploma in Epigraphy and Archaeology and must have passed Tamil as one of the subjects in Degree level.

Upper age limit - 30 years as on 01-07-2019.
30th November 2019, 06:43 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Eligibility to apply for Tamil Nadu PSC Archaeological Officer recruitment:

~~ Educational Qualification: Candidates must have completed M.A in Ancient History and Archaeology or Archaeology.

~~ Age Limit: Candidate minimum age is 18 years and maximum age is 30 years.

So, yes you are eligible to apply for this position.

For more information about this recruitment you can visit their official website.
30th November 2019, 07:01 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The academic qualification required for Tamil Nadu PSC Archaeological officer recruitment is:

1. You must have done master's degree in Ancient History or Archaeology or post graduate diploma in epigraphy.

You can apply for this recruitment with post graduation in History.

The pay scale is 36,200 to 1, 14,800.
30th November 2019, 07:59 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Tamil Nadu PSC Archaeological Officer recruitment being an MA(History) postgraduate.

The required eligibility to apply for Tamil Nadu PSC Archaeological Officer recruitment is that the candidate should have passed M.A in Ancient History and Archaeology or Archaeology from a recognized university.
3rd December 2019, 01:37 AM
ites
Senior Member+++++

-TNPSC Recruitment -

Age Limit: 18 – 30 years

Education: Aspirants should have completed their qualifying degree M.A in Ancient History and Archaeology or Archaeology.

No of Posts: 18

Official Website:- www.tnpsc.gov.in

Apply Link-->http://apply.tnpscexams.in/secure?ap...lZMDAwMDAwMQ==
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2019_33_notifn_Archaeological_Officer.pdf(607.0 KB, 0 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?