7th July 2017, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IPS officer after studying arts?

Hello, I want to be an IPS officer and I have selected arts. I have already just appeared 10 board exam. So, please can you tell me which is the main subject and books to start my study from now only for better future and is math is compulsory because I’m not that much good in that. Thank you.

7th July 2017, 08:01 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I become an IPS officer after studying arts?

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have either completed your graduation degree in any discipline or must be in the final year of same degree course from a recognized university.

iv) You must satisfy the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in Civil Services examination after selection of Arts stream for your further studies then it is quite evident that for appearing in Civil Services there is no compulsion of any subject for appearing in same examination.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
7th July 2017, 10:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become an IPS officer after studying arts. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IPS examination. The age criteria required to appear in IPS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
8th July 2017, 12:49 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I want to be an IPS officer and I have selected arts. I have already just appeared 10 board exam. So, please can you tell me which is the main subject and books to start my study from now only for better future and is math is compulsory because I’m not that much good in that. Thank you.
Yes, any stream candidates are eligible to become a IPS officer. The minimum educational qualification required to become a IPS officer is Graduation or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university. You need to appear and qualify in the Civil Service Exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
8th July 2017, 08:54 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

No, maths is not compulsory subject for being an IPS officer. You can choose any stream of your choice. Candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream from a recognized university are eligible to give IPS exam which is conducted by UPSC. So first you have to complete your graduation. Only after that you can apply for IPS exam. Thanks
8th July 2017, 10:15 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. IPS comes under Civil Services examination. UPSC conducts this examination for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc. The eligibility criteria for this entrance exam is:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply.

>>The age limit for general category candidates is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

Yes, you can apply for Civil Services examination after studying arts in bachelor's degree. No, mathematics is not compulsory for Civil Services examination. You can focus on subjects like Political Science, Geography, Economics etc.
8th July 2017, 11:11 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

There is nothing like a compulsory subject to become an IPS officer. You must complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years, for OB candidates it is 35 years and SC/ST candidates it is 37 years. Your height should be minimum 165 cms. You must be Indian citizen and should be physically fit. With this eligibility you have to appear for Civil Services examination. After qualifying the examination you have to appear for a physical test and personal interview for the final selection.
8th July 2017, 07:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer one of the highest administrative post you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> Further for appearing in Civil Services examination the minimum qualifications which you must hold are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation with any stream of your choice from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree course are also eligible.

* You must hold physical fitness as per the service requirement norms to join IPS.

So having selected Arts stream for your further studies after your Class 10th you are eligible for becoming IPS officer on the educational requirement ground after completion of your bachelor degree.

For more detailed information about Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
8th July 2017, 10:13 PM
ranu shahi

No, mathematics is not compulsory in IPS.
IPS stands for Indian Police Service and IPS examination is conducted by UPSC.
IPS service is divided into various departments like crime branch, criminal investigation department, home guards, traffic bureau.
Eligibility criteria for this are:-
1. Physical criteria:-
Minimum chest girth- men/women-84cm/79cm
Minimum height- men- 165 cm women-150 cm
Myopia should not exceed minus 4.00D
Hypermyopia should not exceed plus 4.00D.

2. Nationality:-
Citizen of India
Citizen of Nepal
Citizen of Bhutan
Refugee of Tibet

3. Educational qualification:-
Graduation in any discipline with minimum 50 percent aggregate from any recognized university.
4. Age limit:-
Minimum age 21 years and maximum age 30 years.
Age Relaxation:-
5 years for SC/ST
3 years for OBC
5 years for domicile of J&K
5 years for defence services personnel
5 years for ex-servicemen
10 years for handicapped persons.
5. Number of attempts:-
General- 4 attempts
OBC-7 attempts
SC/ST- no restriction
8th July 2017, 11:23 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The full form of IPS is Indian Police Services.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any discipline.

Age limit: 21-32 years.

You can apply for this exam after arts degree to become IPS officer.

The start of preparation can be done with help of NCERT books of social studies and science.
8th July 2017, 11:37 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and for recruitment as an Officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

No limitation on discipline of bachelor degree. So, candidates can appear for examination after pursuing arts stream also.

The basic and most important strategy to prepare for examination is to start reading NCERT books from Std VI -XIIth.

Candidate must practice on in writing skills and read newspaper for current affairs. For detail information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th July 2017, 11:39 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You can take any subject as you wish after 12th in arts stream the minimum. qualification required for a person to appear for the civil service exam is that he should be a graduate from a recognised college if India and should be with in the age limit of 21 to 30 years. You have a maximum of four attempts.
8th July 2017, 11:40 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become an IPS officer after studying Arts. Anyone willing to become an IPS officer has to write UPSC Civil Services Exam. And, there is no restriction on stream selection to appear for UPSC Civil Services exam.

Eligibility criteria for UPSC Civil Services exam :-

- The candidate must have passed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university .

- The candidate should have citizenship of India.

- The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 32 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Selection Criteria :

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
9th July 2017, 02:06 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC and after qualifying in it will be eligible for selection as an I.P.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

There is no limitation on discipline or aggregate of bachelor degree.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination after studying arts stream in 12th and bachelor degree.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all three stages for final selection. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
11th July 2017, 11:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of Arts stream stream, you are eligible for IPS officer exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Best books for IPS exam:-

CSAT: Interpersonal, Communication, Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills (Paper 2)
by
Shalini Verma
Publisher: Pearson

General Studies: Preliminary Examination Topic Wise Solved Question Papers
By Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com

CSAT Conceptual Approach (Paper - 2
by
P. N. Roy Chowdhury
Publisher: Pearson

UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2)
by
Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

How to Tackle Civil Services Prelim. Exam. (Paper I- GS, Paper II- CSAT) with 10 yrs. Solved Papers of General Studies (Preliminary)
by
By Student Aid Publication
Publisher: Student Aid Publications (2012)

UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1)
by
Jha, Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

CSAT Civil Services Aptitude Test: UPSC Priliminary Exam for IAS / IPS & others
by
Chandresh Agrawal
Publisher: Priynka Prakashan (2012)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?