1st December 2017, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Can we choose any optional subject excluding those subject we have studied in our bachelor degree?

Can we choose any optional subject excluding those subject we have studied in our bachelor degree? I mean being a BBA student can we take history and political science as a subject for IFS (foreign services) exams?

2nd December 2017, 09:41 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we choose any optional subject excluding those subject we have studied in our bachelor degree?

Yes, you are select the optional paper excluding the subject you pursued in your bachelor degree.

The required eligibility to appear in Civil Service examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years. Candidates can select the optional paper for Mains examination other than have pursue in bachelor degree.

So, no doubt you can continue your preparation for examination and after qualifying in all stages of examination will become eligible for final recruitment.

The examination is conducted in three stages. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?