15th December 2013, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

CSE graduate eligible for TNPSC exam? Which Group is suitable for CSE graduate?

Hello sir/madam,

Now im doing B.E.(cse) in anna university,madurai.am i eligible for tnpsc exam?.....if im eligible for that,when i will write that exam?......then which group is suitable for me?.......i want full details about tnpsc and group 1,2,3,4.kindly reply for this pls..............

22nd December 2013, 11:30 AM
Ravi dikshith

Default Re: CSE graduate eligible for TNPSC exam? Which Group is suitable for CSE graduate?

Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission issues the notification every year for the posts in the name GROUP 1,2 & 3.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONThe educational qualification required is that the candidate must have completed bachelor's degree from any reputed organization and must have adequate knowledge in Tamil Language.

AGE LIMITSThe candidates age must be in between 18 years to 35 years. Age relaxation is provided as per government norms.
  • The candidates belonging to SC/ST category will get 5 years upper age relaxable.
  • The candidates belonging to OBC category will get 3 years upper age relaxable.
  • The candidates belonging to Physically handicapped category will get 10 years upper age relaxable.
  • The candidates belonging to Ex-service men category will get 5 years upper age relaxable.
These are the details of the examination.

EXAM PATTERNThe exam pattern consists of a written test and an interview. For the written exam candidate will face only single paper in which there will be sections like General Knowledge and General Tamil. The questions will be in objective form. The total time duration of the examination is 3 hours and there will be a total of 200 questions for 300 marks. To qualify in the examination one must get steady 90 marks.

So these are the details regarding the TNPSC Examination.So as you are studying b.tech from Computer Science and if you are good at Tamil then you are eligible for the examination.

All the best.
22nd December 2013, 03:49 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CSE graduate eligible for TNPSC exam? Which Group is suitable for CSE graduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir/madam,

Now im doing B.E.(cse) in anna university,madurai.am i eligible for tnpsc exam?.....if im eligible for that,when i will write that exam?......then which group is suitable for me?.......i want full details about tnpsc and group 1,2,3,4.kindly reply for this pls..............
Hey friend,

TNPSC - Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission

This is a Public Service Commission Exam and this exam is conducted for candidates to join in Tamil Nadu State Government Departments.The TNPSC is conducted as Group 1,2,4.

For joining in these groups exam you need to possess certain eligibility criteria's in order to apply and they may include such as:
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Education Qualification

To be descriptive about these above criteria's i have mentioned them below for your reference:

Nationality:

> The candidate appearing for the exam must be a Citizen of India as per the Nationality standard.

Age Limit:

For Group 1 : The candidate should have 21-30 years of age

For Group 2 : The candidate should have 18-30 years and if you are a SC/ST/BC candidate then you will get a exception of 5 years extra

For Group 4 : The candidate should have 18-30 years and if you are a Sc/St candidate then you will have 18-32 years of age and for BC candidate will get 18-32 years.

Education Qualification:

> The Education qualification which you need to possess in order to apply for the Group 1 would be that you should have completed a Degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

> The Education qualification which you need for Group 2 exam is that you need to have completed BA/B.Com/B.Sc Degree in Arts/Science/Commerce/Engineering from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

> Education qualification needed for Group 4 exam is that the candidate must have completed a Degree from a recognized university

PATTERN FOR THE EXAM:

# Preliminary Exam

# Main Exam

# Interview

Syllabus:

For Group 1:

Preliminary Paper:

General Knowledge: (This is a Objective Type)
  • General science
  • Indian national movement
  • General mental ability test
  • Current events
  • History
  • Geography
  • Indian polity and economy

Main Paper:

Paper I
  • Current events of national and international importance.
  • Modern history of India and Indian culture
  • Social problems and other current sensitive issues
  • Modern history of India and Indian culture.
Paper-II
  • Tamil Nadu administration.
  • Indian economy and geography of India.
  • Tamil language, society, culture and heritage.
  • Indian polity.
  • Role and impact of science and technology in the development of India.

For Group 2:
  • General Knowledge
  • General Tamil
  • General English

For Group 4:
  • General Knowledge
  • General English

And as you have asked whether you are eligible,Yeah of course you are eligible for the exam.Just check whether you satisfy the other criteria's apart from the Education qualification.

For more info check at tnpsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
10th September 2014, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

when a graduated engineer passed in the exam means ,which type of post he will get?
9th October 2014, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi well wishers, Is there any specific posts in TNPSC exams for computer science enginnering candidates?
17th December 2014, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir/mam I want to know which group belongs to which type of job...(I.e) I want to write an exam for the post of IAS or IPS...which group I could prefer for that?....kindly request you to reply as soon as possible....
23rd May 2020, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Am be(cse) students which exam suitable for me please list out this
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?