2nd March 2018, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information about Indian Statistical Service? Benefits of joining ISS for B.Sc(Statistics) student?

Sir, I am doing B.Sc Statistics in Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. I would like to get the information of Indian Statistical Service. What is Indian Statistical Service? Can you tell me in broader way regarding this service? And what benefit I get if I join this service?

17th March 2018, 10:34 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about Indian Statistical Service? Benefits of joining ISS for B.Sc(Statistics) student?

Detailed Information about Indian Statistical Service Examination:

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Statistical Service Recruitment Examination is as follows.

>> Candidates must have completed their Bachelor's Degree with any of the below mentioned subjects from a recognized university.
* Mathematical Statistics
* Statistics
* Applied Statistics

>> As you are doing Bachelor's Degree with Statistics as a subject, you are eligible to apply for Indian Statistical Service Examination after completion of Bachelor's Degree.

>> The selection process includes Written Examination and Viva voce examination. The minimum age required is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years and there will be relaxation for reserved category candidates.

>> Yes, being a candidate from Statistics background I can say that it is beneficial for you to appear in Indian Statistical Service Examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?