2nd January 2015, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam?

hello
i just finished my b.com and
i want to write my indian foreign service exam.
I want to know the eligibility criteria and
about the details of this exam.....

Related Questions:
2nd January 2015, 11:45 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam?

To get into IFS, you have to write Civil service exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC every year. Generally, 30-40 vacancies are there for IFS.

You should be a graduate and in the age group 21-30 years, to be eligible for this exam.
This exam has three stages, prelims, mains and then interview. You have to clear all stages.

IFS officers are the person who are appointed in Foreign Embassies, High Commission.
They are the representative of Indian Government in foreign countries.

IFS officers work under Ministry of external affairs. IFS officers look after the issues pertaining Indians who visit abroad. They play a key role in establishing diplomatic relations between India and abroad.
3rd January 2015, 12:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello
i just finished my b.com and
i want to write my indian foreign service exam.
I want to know the eligibility criteria and
about the details of this exam.....

IFS stands for Indian Foreign Service exam. IFS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IFS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM 2015:-

Date of Notification:- 16.05.2015
Last date for receipt of applications:- 12.06.2015 (FRIDAY)
Date of commencement of Examination:- 23.08.2015 (SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM 2015:-

Date of commencement of Examination:- 18.12.2015 (FRIDAY)

For more details about IFS exam please visit to the official website www.upsc.gov.in
3rd January 2015, 12:27 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Indian Foreign Service is part of the Civil services of the Government of India. The Foreign Secretary of India is the administrative head of the Indian Foreign service.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

* Candidate must possess a Valid Degree or its Equivalents from a recognized University/ Institution.

* Candidates age should be in between 21 - 30 years of age as on 1st August of the Examination.

* The upper age Limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

EXAM PATTERN:

IFS Examination comprises of two successive stages:

1. Preliminary examination : Objective type for screening and selection of candidates for IFS (Mains) examination.

2. Mains examination : Written and Interview for the selection of candidates against vacancies identified and reported for the Indian Foreign service examination.

PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS:

* Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative marking) for wrong answers marked by the candidate in the objective type question papers.
16th August 2015, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Is it eligible to appear for Indian Foreign Services Exam with a Degree obtained in distance education?
22nd November 2015, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

I am doing Batchelor of business administration (BBA)(H)...so am I eligible for the indian foreign service exam...
28th November 2015, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

I want to became IAS...
I am a BBA final year student...
I want to know the eligibility criteria and about the details of this exam.....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?