19th February 2016, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for IAS UPSC exam after getting failed in one of the intermediate subject?

I am a graduate student from well known university,but i Ws failed maths subject in intermediate course, is i am eligible for I.A.S ( UPSC )

20th February 2016, 10:34 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for IAS UPSC exam after getting failed in one of the intermediate subject?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UPSC IAS examination after completion of your Graduation course from a recognised university. You have mentioned that you have failed Mathematics subject in your 12th standard but, there will not be any problem if you have already cleared that subject. If you have not cleared that subject then, at the time of document verification, you may face problems. Being a Graduate from a recognised university, you are eligible to apply for UPSC IAS examination.
20th February 2016, 11:18 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for IAS UPSC exam after getting failed in one of the intermediate subject?

No, you are not eligible to apply for IAS UPSC Examination after getting failed in one of the Intermediate subjects. Yes, the minimum educational qualification required for itself is "Graduate Degree" or Any Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As it is mentioned in the UPSC IAS Notification that Graduation is required, it means candidates must have passed 12th Class before doing Graduation obviously.

As the Graduation PASS is required, it obviously says that "Intermediate" or its equivalent qualification must be successfully PASSED. i.e.,

>> 12th Pass is Mandatory besides Graduation Pass.

As you have not met the required eligibility criteria, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible. I suggest you to Clear the backlog first in order to be eligible for UPSC IAS Examination.
21st February 2016, 09:14 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a graduate student from well known university,but i Ws failed maths subject in intermediate course, is i am eligible for I.A.S ( UPSC )
12th standard marks is not required for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Important Dates for Civil Service Exam 2016:-

Date of Notification: 23 April, 2016
Last Date to Apply: 20 May, 2016
Exam Date: 7 August, 2016
Civil Services (Main): 3 December, 2016
21st February 2016, 09:50 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts civil services exam every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS and various other posts. You want to know about the eligibility criteria for this exam. Following are the eligibility for this exam.

Eligibility: Student must possess graduation from a recognized university.

Age Limit: The maximum age limit for Civil Services Exam is 32 Years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category students as per govt. students.

>>You completed your graduation degree from a well known university but failed in Math subject in Intermediate. It means you have also taken supplementary exam for Math subject. It does not matter what you have done in your intermediate course. You are graduated, so you are definitely eligible for the exam. If you still have any doubt then you can go through the detailed advertisement of previous year of Civil Services.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC CSE.pdf(5.66 MB, 304 views)
1st March 2017, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

I am doing b. Com hons. In first semester i failed in one subject but then i cleared it. My question is Am i eligible for IAS?
1st July 2017, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of B.Sc 3rd semester.i want to be an IAS officer..but the problem is that I was failed in mathematics at h.s level..Is I am eligible for the exam.
3rd July 2017, 07:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You will be eligible to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

If you are pursuing in bachelor degree then you must have passed 12th.

So, you have to qualify in all three stages for selection as an I.A.S Officer. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th July 2017, 10:51 AM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Don't worry about it.First you clear your concepts in Mathematics.You are eligible for UPSC IAS EXAMINATION.But you to work hard.Take help of good Coaching institute in Delhi.In Delhi,Vajirao Institute is the best.You should go there,prepare well & crack UPSC in first attempt.
11th February 2018, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Mam, I am graduate from IGNOU. But I was fail in my 6th subject in Maths having commerce stream, though my overall result is pass and even not given any kind of improvement thinking that Maths was not my main subject, right now preparing for UPSC IAS examination. I have doubt that whether my 12th Maths marks will be hurdle.
Kindly answer me.

Thanking you.
26th March 2018, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Dear ma'am/sir i am a 10th passed student and want to run with commerce stream and i also want to do CA at first and then IAS what are the best ways to do it.
5th October 2018, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

I have passed intermediate with compartment exam in chemistry .
I have finished my intermediate.
And graduation too.
Can I apply for Ips ?
27th November 2018, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir I failed in class 12th and I do not done my 12th class instead that I have done diploma(me) and BTech lateral entry (me). So sir please tell me that I am eligible for UPSC exam or not
7th June 2019, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

I have failed in 12th but I am having a good percentage at 10th will I have the eligibility for doing upsc for getting IAS
7th July 2019, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a student of bsc 2nd year and I got reappear in 1st seen in maths subject .may I take the ias exam
25th July 2019, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam, I have failed in mathematics in class 12 th but I have passed hs and now I am doing graduation. Can I apply for upsc exam?
13th August 2019, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

If any one failed in additional subject in 12th then are they elegible for upsc ias exam
10th September 2019, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

I'm studying b.sc 3rd sem. I want to become an IFS officer. But i failed in maths in class 12th cbsc board. Over all result is pass.so can I appear upsc exam.
14th September 2019, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have not cleared my 12th class, but graduated from open university, can i be able to write upsc exam. Please help me
4th October 2019, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

I am graduate from sol delhi university but failed in 1 paper of 2nd year can i eligible for upsc exam?
6th December 2019, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

I have once failed in ug of subject physics I'm I eligible for upsc
13th February 2020, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

I am in semester 6 but backlog in semester 2 so my graduation complete in 4 years ,will it effect my upsc dream
8th May 2020, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

I failed in intermediate maths subject and I written supplementary I passed maths exam can I write upsc exam
21st May 2020, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

I was failed in mathematics in my 12th class but have completed graduation can I become IAS after clearing exams conducted by upse ?? Will it create any problem even after qualifying exams ?? And I haven't gave my supplementary...
5th September 2020, 10:29 PM
Raj kumar mairya

Quote:
I'm studying b.sc 3rd sem. I want to become an IFS officer. But i failed in maths in class 12th cbsc board. Over all result is pass.so can I appear upsc exam.
Yes you are eligible for ias exam because upsc doesn't see your 12 marks
5th September 2020, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

If we fail in chemistry but overall pass class 12th my chemistry make additional subject so we are eligible for upsc without chemistry in 12 . After graduate in BA we can apply for upset yes or not
5th March 2021, 08:42 AM
Unregistered

sir i can fail in degree in one subject, and pass the subject , i can applying for UPSC exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?