7th November 2021, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

How to become a Judge Magistrate if I am a biology student?

I am interested in biology and have the science stream but I wanted to become a judge magistrate . please reply with your answer.

9th November 2021, 02:01 PM
periwinkle09876

Default Re: How to become a Judge Magistrate if I am a biology student?

To become a magistrate one has to to pursue a degree in L.L.B.
To get the LLB degree, the Eligible Candidate has to take an entrance test conducted by law department of various universities of India or the independent Law schools.

Entrance test - CLAT

Being, a Biology student you are very much eligible to pursue LLB course after passing your 12th standard and once you passed your LLB course you will be eligible to become a magistrate.

Age -

Minimum age should not be less than 21 and not more than 35 years.

http://consortiumofnlus.ac.in
9th November 2021, 02:12 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Biology student is eligible to apply for Judge Magistrate.

One can write the State Judicial Law entrance exam conducted by the public service commission to become Judge or Magistrate.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should have passed Bachelor's of law with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised University.

The candidate possessing the LLB degree can also apply for the post.

The candidate age should be between 21 years to 40 years.

The candidate must have practiced as a lawyer in the High Court for more than 10 years.

Selection procedure:-

Written exam
Interview.
9th November 2021, 02:17 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Being a biology student, you can become a Judge magistrate. For that, you need to complete class 12 standard with a minimum of 50% marks. After that, you have to complete your graduation degree in Law by pursuing BA LLB course. After completing your Graduation, you have to appear for the Judiciary Service exam and get a qualifying score to become a Judge Magistrate.
10th November 2021, 05:08 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To become a Judge Magistrate a candidate must have completed an LLB course of either 5 years or 3 years. A student with an LLM degree can also apply for the job profile of a judge and must be a citizen of India. A candidate must have qualified for the Judicial Services Examination, which includes Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and an interview. The age limit varies according to the state usually between 21 to 35 years.
10th November 2021, 10:06 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

You need a minimum of 50% marks in your 10+2 boards as per CLAT eligibility criteria. Then you can complete your graduation in Law by pursuing BA LLB course. You have to complete your graduation and then give the Judiciary Service exam and then you might have chances of becoming a Judicial Magistrate or a Civil Judge.
11th November 2021, 07:16 PM
Dip Mali
Junior Member+

First of all,
You need to complete your 10+2 initially and then you have to crack the CLAT entrance examination.

(You need a minimum of 50% marks in your 10+2 boards as per CLAT eligibility criteria).
Then you can complete your graduation in Law by pursuing BA LLB course.
Or,
You have to complete your graduation and then give the Judiciary Service exam

And then you might have chances of becoming a Judicial Magistrate or a Civil Judge.
12th November 2021, 03:45 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

If you belong to science stream , it doesn't matter you can still go for judge. Position.
And for that you must complete LLB and then appear for judicial service exam to become judge magistrate.

Judge is a higher position , so one has to become advocate first and then apply for judge position.
12th November 2021, 05:36 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

You have to complete your 10+2 and then you have to crack the CLAT entrance examination. You need a minimum of 50% marks in your 10+2 boards as per CLAT eligibility criteria. Then you can complete your graduation in Law by pursuing BA LLB course. You have to complete your graduation and then give the Judiciary Service exam and then you might have chances of becoming a Judicial Magistrate or a Civil Judge.
14th November 2021, 04:09 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

A student of any stream can become a Magistrate in India. The candidate just need to have a Law degree from any recognized university. After that, you should have some years of experience of practicing the law.
Then, you have to qualify the exam of Judicial Services Exam to become a Magistrate.
14th November 2021, 04:09 PM
Msdhoni02

You need to follow the given steps to become a Magistrate in India:

1. To become a Magistrate one has to first possess a degree in L.L.B.
2. Once degree in hand and after the successful completion of the course every graduate has to compete for State Judicial Services Exam held by respective state governments from time to time.
14th November 2021, 09:27 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Wink Re: How to become a Judge Magistrate if I am a biology student?

--- YES, you can become a judge magistrate after passing your 12th standard with Biology subject because the minimum educational qualification required is a bachelor's degree and work experience and the candidates should have done graduation in LAW.

The candidate must be a citizen of India and must have held the post of a judge or advocate of a High Court or two or more such courts in succession at least for a period of 5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?