29th December 2021, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Police Department as an Assistant Commissioner?

AOA, I am working as Junior Clerk BS-11 in Agriculture Extension Department on regular basis w.e. from 14.10.2017. sir i'm graduated in Commerce and now I'm doing masters in Commerce. But i wants to become assistant commissioner.. How would i do?
Please Guide me also

30th December 2021, 05:34 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Police Department as an Assistant Commissioner?

You have to crack Indian Police Service exam which is conducted by UPSC .
Qualification required is, you must have a graduation degree in any stream from a recogniszed university.
31st December 2021, 12:10 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

There are 3 ways by which you can work as a Assistant Commissionet of Police

1. Crack the UPSC CSE, this is a straight way to join this post. You can directly recommend on Commissioner post but generally they give Assistant post first.

2. You can join through the State Public Service Commission exam. There is direct special recruitment of ACP/DYSP.

3. Last way by promotion. If you join as a Sub Inspector by State Public Service Commission exam, at end of your service you can work as a ACP for 3–4 years. Sometimes you will get retired at PI post. So there is no surety, but most of the SI gets opportunity to work as a ACP at the end of their service.

The best way to join at this post either you have to clear UPSC CSE or State Public Service Commission exam.
31st December 2021, 10:08 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To join a Police Department as an Assistant Commissioner you can crack the UPSC - Civil Service Exam (CSE). UPSE is the central agency of India that conducts the CSE exam for qualifying a Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) or IPS officer. UPSC is the All India Service Examination, which conducts various government positions examinations. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have completed a bachelor's degree in any stream with a minimum score of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. A candidate's minimum age should be 21 years and the maximum age should not be more than 32 years.

I am also giving you the website link for your reference that is https://www.upsc.gov.in/
31st December 2021, 01:32 PM
periwinkle09876

If you want to join police department as an assistant commissioner then you have to appear in the civil services examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.
You have to apply for the post of an IPS officer and once you get selected as an IPS officer then after few years of experience you will be promoted to the post of Assistant Commissioner.

By clearing the IPS exam you we'll start as an assistant commissioner of police and become a deputy commissioner within three years.

Official website for more information
http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st December 2021, 04:43 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

By Clearing the I.P.S Exam you will start as An Assistant Commissioner of Police and become a Deputy commissioner within three years.
At first, you have to appear Civil services exam conducted by UPSC and have to clear the three stages of exam . Then you can select Indian Police service on your choice.
31st December 2021, 05:38 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

The candidate needs to clear the three stages of the exam. Then the candidate needs to select Indian Police Service. Then get Karnataka Cadre. Then you will be posted as SP, which is higher post then ACP.
31st December 2021, 05:38 PM
Msdhoni02

1. Pass CSS Exam (The candidate must fall in PAS Group. of CSS).
2. Pass out PMS Exam.
3. Ministerial staff of Civil Secretariat has shared for. promotion as PMS Officer (Scale-17); this makes them also eligible for posting. as Assistant Commissioner. The incumbent preferably with law degree and minimum.
31st December 2021, 06:30 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- If you want to join police department as an assistant commissioner then you have to appear in the civil services examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year and there you have to select the post of an IPS officer.

--- The minimum educational qualification is graduation in any discipline from a recognised university or institute in order to appear in this examination.

--- Selection process

Preliminary exam

Mains exam

Interview

--- OFFICIAL WEBSITE
http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?