22nd March 2022, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Are Shaiks belong to OBC in central government job?

Respected Sir, I belong to shaik Muslim category in A.P .I have BC-E Certificate from government of a.p .My father is a government teacher in A.P.My question is that may i belongs to OBC Category in central government institutions like NIT'S and IIT'S.MY MAIL ID IS [email protected]

24th March 2022, 05:20 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are Shaiks belong to OBC in central government job?

Shaikhs comes under OBC category in the state level and they have 4 % reservation seats .

They are eligible to apply in Central Government job under OBC category but in addition to existing BC-E category certificate one should also have Central OBC certificate.

But in some cases, they also come under general category.
Reservation policy also differs from state to state.
Nevertheless every muslim has minority quota and one can use that as well.
24th March 2022, 11:00 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

BC-E category is of Shaikh in Muslims and comes under the OBC category at the state level. As such, there is no BC-A, B, C, D, E in the central reservation. Central has given some guidelines to identify the Non-Creamy layer among BCs for OBC reservation. Those who fall under these guidelines are issued OBC Certificate by the respective states and based on these certificates central will provide reservations in a government job.
25th March 2022, 11:21 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Are Shaiks belong to OBC in central government jobs?

Dear, BC-E category is of Shaikh(Muslims) and comes under the OBC category in the state level and they have 4% reservation seats.

As such, there is no BC-A,B,C,D,E in the central reservation.
17th April 2023, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

I am from Andhra Pradesh state. I belongs to Muslim Sheikh Community. I have reservation state level jobs, and we get OBC certificate by the State Government. Am i eligible for the OBC reservation in Central level?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?