11th February 2022, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to choose to become an Indian Foreign Service Officer? Perks of an IFS officer?

First of all I want to ask which subject do I choose to became an Indian foreign service officer and I also want to ask may I do IIT after that I will do ifs officer training. May I do it not.

14th February 2022, 11:58 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Which subject to choose to become an Indian Foreign Service Officer? Perks of an IFS officer?

Which subject to choose to become an Indian Foreign Service Officer? Perks of an IFS officer?

Political Science,
International Relations,
Public Administration.

Eligibility: Candidate should hold a degree from any of the recognised universities or must have an equivalent qualification.
15th February 2022, 09:36 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which subject to choose to become an Indian Foreign Service Officer? Perks of an IFS officer?

If you want to become an IFS officer then, of course, Bachelors in Arts would be the best option which you can have. Humanities include subjects such as history, political science, sociology and international relations to which you can have access during your graduation.

Perks enjoyed by an IFS Officer:-

Wonderful accommodation of 2 or 3 BHK in cheap rates.

Car for commuting.

Household helpers and security guards.

Medical Treatment expenses.

Official vehicles.

Free electricity and water facility.

Freephone call facility.

Abroad study options.
15th February 2022, 10:09 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear for Civil Service examination conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years and relaxation for reserved category. The examination is conducted in three stages.

So, you can pursue in IIT and can appear for the examination after the course. The perks varies with place of occupation.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th February 2022, 01:16 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become an Indian Foreign Service Officer, then Bachelor in Arts stream would be the best option for you. You can take the subject combination of Humanities, history, political science, and sociology which will help you to appear for the Civil Service Exam(CSE). You have to crack the exam to become an IFS officer.

Benefits of an IFS officer:-

An IFS officer will get the following benefits.

1) Accommodation of 2 or 3 BHK at cheap rates.
2) Car for commuting.
3) Household helpers and security guards.
4) Medical Treatment Expenses.
5) Official vehicles.
6) Free electricity and water facility.
7) Freephone call facility.
8) Abroad study options.
15th February 2022, 08:43 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To become an Indian Foreign Service Officer a candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. The candidate's age should be between 21 years to 30 years to appear for the IFS officer exam. The exam is conducted by UPSC to become an IFS officer. Civil Services Examination has to be given by UPSC and this is conducted every year.

IFS officers initially get salaries from 60 thousand to 2.5 lakh rupees. This salary is decided according to the category and rank.
15th February 2022, 09:03 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To become a forest service officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

You can select the subject as per your choice as optional and discipline in bachi degree. Examination is conducted in three stages.

So, you can appear for the examination and qualify in all stages for the final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th February 2022, 09:45 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

The candidate must hold a bachelor's degree in any of the following subjects /discipline .
Bachelor's degree with atleast one of the subject as Animal husbandry & Veterinary science.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?