16th November 2015, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between a Lab Technician and a Lab Technologist?

Please can anyone tell me about the difference between a technician and a technologist? So please reply me fast.

31st July 2023, 06:41 AM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: What is the difference between a Lab Technician and a Lab Technologist?

The terms "lab technician" and "lab technologist" are often used interchangeably, but there is a subtle difference between the two roles.

• Lab technicians typically have an associate's degree or certificate in laboratory science. They perform routine laboratory tests, such as blood work, urine analyses, and cultures. They also prepare specimens for testing, maintain laboratory equipment, and follow safety procedures.
  • Lab technologists typically have a bachelor's degree in medical laboratory science or a related field. They perform more complex laboratory tests, such as blood chemistry, serology, and microbiology. They also interpret test results, troubleshoot problems, and train lab technicians.
In general, lab technologists have a more advanced education and are responsible for more complex tasks than lab technicians. However, the specific responsibilities of each role can vary depending on the employer and the type of laboratory.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?