6th January 2017, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

What I have to do to become a railway engine driver?

I have passed ICSE in 2016 with science, and my average marks is 90 percent, 96 in computer, 94 in maths, 86 in science and 86 in English. I'm presently studying in class 11th with computer science. What more will I have to do to become a driver of railway engine.

6th January 2017, 10:30 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What I have to do to become a railway engine driver?

For recruitment as Loco Pilot in Indian Railway candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by RRB.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is that candidate must have passed diploma or ITI degree from a recognised institutions.

The age limit to appear for examination is 18-30 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you have to pursue ITI or Diploma course for recruitment as driver in Indian Railway. For more information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in
6th January 2017, 11:27 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What I have to do to become a railway engine driver?

As you are studying in 11th standard right now, so you are not eligible to become a railway engine driver. You have to complete your 12th standard from a recognized board and should have completed ITI qualification in trades like : Fitter/Heat Engine/Electrician/Instrument Mechanic/Armature & Coil Winder/ Mechanic Radio & TV etc. Your age should be in between 18 to 30 years. For OBC candidates it is 33 years and for SC/ST candidates it is 35 years.

With this eligibility you have to appear for RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) examination and the selection will be done on the basis of performance in the examination followed by personal interview. After the selection you will get proper training and as per your ability and hard work you will be promoted to an engine driver.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?