10th May 2016, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

What kind of exams are available to join Indian Navy for Mechanical Diploma holder?

Respected Sir,
I have completed my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with approximately 67%. Can I get a job in Indian Navy? If yes then what are the exams I have to appear? Please help me to know about this.

12th May 2016, 05:09 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of exams are available to join Indian Navy for Mechanical Diploma holder?

No, diploma passed candidates are not eligible to join Indian Navy. So, you are not eligible to appear in examination on diploma educational qualification.

To join Indian Navy candidates have to appear for NDA or CDS examination. So, if you are interested in joining Navy you need to pursue B.tech course and after that appear for CDS.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. Candidates need to qualify in both stages for final recruitment.
12th May 2016, 05:34 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of exams are available to join Indian Navy for Mechanical Diploma holder?

To join in Indian Navy after completion of your Mechanical Engineering Diploma course, you must have to apply for Indian Navy Direct Entry Artificer Examination. Unmarried Indian Male candidates who are in the age of 18 to 22 years and those who have completed three years Diploma course with minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a recognised board are eligible to apply for this examination.
12th May 2016, 07:35 PM
userdefined

--Yes, you can job in Indian Navy but in order to get into good posting you have to be a Graduate which is always the preferable one to get into the Navy. So it is better you do your UG and get Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
--There are lot of Entries in Indian Navy particularly for Engineering Branch. Indian Navy have to types of Entry Officer and Sailor Entry. There are also to types of Commission : Short Service and Permanent Commission.
--You can also write exam and get into Navy through CDS exam conducted by UPSC. CDS is conducted twice a year and the Age Limit for Navy is 22 years.
--NDA is also one of the exam conducted in India to get into Indian Navy. It is a kind of school and you get trained in that and after training you will posted in Job.
13th May 2016, 12:21 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Navy after the B.tech/B.E degree after appearing and qualifying in CDS examination conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination for recruitment in Indian Navy is candidate must have passed graduation degree and age limit is between 19-22 years.

So, you have to pursue the B.Tech/B.E. Right now you are not eligible for any examination for recruitment. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?