30th January 2016, 07:11 AM
Unregistered

What is the working profile of Indian Statistical Service?

I am willing to appear for the Indian Statistical Service in near future. I want to know about the working profile of this. Please explain the working profile of Indian Statistical Service in detail?

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information and procedure to apply in Indian Statistical Service exam for B.Stats candidate?
  2. How to download model question papers of Indian Statistical Service?
  3. Indian Statistical Service exam question papers
  4. Am i eligible for Indian Statistical Service exam after passing MSc Ag(Statistics)
  5. What kind of job is offered in Indian Statistical Service to M.Sc in Statistics student?
  6. Solution of last year Indian Statistical Service exam?
  7. Previous 5 years questions papers with solutions for Indian Statistical Service entrance exam?
  8. Indian Statistical Service Exam, Statistics - IV Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. Can I appear in Indian Statistical Service exam with M.Sc degree of Open university?
  10. Previous question papers of Indian Statistical Service exam?
  11. Indian Statistical Service Statistics - III Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. When the notification of Indian Statistical Services recruitment exam will be released? Eligibility to apply?
  13. Indian Statistical Service Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. Percentage required in B.Stats to apply for Indian Statistical Service exam? Coaching classes for preparation in Delhi?
  15. Am I eligible to apply in Indian Statistical Service if having B.Com and M.Com with Statistics?
  16. Can I apply for Indian Statistical Service examination after M.Sc. (Mathematics)? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Coaching classes for preparation of Indian Statistical Services exam in Delhi?
  18. Coaching classes for preparation of Indian Statistical Service exam in Delhi? Total course fee?
2nd February 2016, 07:20 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the working profile of Indian Statistical Service?

Indian Statistical Services (ISS) is an examination through which the talented candidates are recruited in various statistical posts. The exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

The aspirants who are successfully qualified in the ISS exam are recruited in various posts in the planning commission, planning board, Ministry of Economic affairs,National Sample Survey and other related offices.

The candidates placed in the ministries and departments are responsible for the data management and Administration of collection, analysis, compilation of statistical reports in a domain.

They play a vital role in collecting the valuable information related to governance leading to compilation of official statistics at national level in core sectors in addition with the state statistical system.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?