12th April 2020, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in Indian Statistical Service exam if studied Statistics only in BCom 2nd year?

Hello, I have completed my BCom. I have read Statistics as a subject in only BCom second year. Now, I want to give Indian Statistical Service exam. I would like to know about the eligibility for me to appear in this examination. Kindly tell me immediately.

14th April 2020, 04:02 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in Indian Statistical Service exam if studied Statistics only in BCom 2nd year?

Eligibility to appear in Indian Statistical Service exam if studied Statistics only is given below:-

1. The candidate should have done graduation in Mathematical statistics, applied statistics, statistics.

2. The candidate who has passed masters in statistics/ mathematical statistics is also eligible for the same.

3. The candidate should belong from India.

Duration of the examination‎: ‎3 days

Exam mode‎: ‎Pen and paper-based (Offline)
15th April 2020, 12:55 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in Indian Statistical Service exam if studied Statistics only in BCom 2nd year?

Eligibility criteria for Indian Statistical Service exam:

Educational qualification:
Bachelor's Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied statistics as one of the subject or Master's degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a university incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other Educational Institutes.

You are not eligible as you have done B.Com and studied statistics only in one semester.

For more information you can visit this website:
upsconline.nic.in
15th April 2020, 04:39 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

The eligibility criteria for Indian Statistical Service Exam:

*Candidate must have done bachelor's degree with statistics or mathematical statistics or applied statistics as one of the subjects.

The age limit is 21-30 years.

You can apply for IES/ISS exam after B.Com with statistics as one of the subjects in 2nd year of bachelor's degree.
16th April 2020, 12:54 AM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I have completed my BCom. I have read Statistics as a subject in only BCom second year. Now, I want to give Indian Statistical Service exam. I would like to know about the eligibility for me to appear in this examination. Kindly tell me immediately.
Yes, your eligible to apply for Indian Statistical Service exam. Applicants must studied Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics subjects in Bachelor or Master degree. There is no issue with studied Statistics subject in 1st or 2nd year. So, definitely your eligible to apply for Indian Statistical Service exam after B.Com.

Applicants age should be in between 21 years to 30 years and relaxation will be given for reserved category candidates. 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC category candidates.

Official website -> Click Here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?