7th May 2017, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IPS after completion of graduation from IGNOU with 50 percentage marks?

Dear Sir/Mam, I want to know that I had done my graduation from IGNOU (Indra Gandhi national university) with 50% I know its not good but I want to become IPS so can I apply for it. Please reply. It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for IAS and IPS exam with 59.96 percentage marks in B.E graduation?
  2. Am I eligible to do MA or B.Ed after completion of graduation with 50 percentage marks?
  3. Is it possible to do graduation without 10+2 from IGNOU? Am I eligible for UPSC exam after that?
  4. Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to apply for IAS and IPS? Which Books to prepare for these Entrance Exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What is the minimum graduation percentage required to apply for IPS?
  6. What is the eligibility criteria to apply for PO exam after completion of graduation with 51.6% marks?
  7. Am I eligible for IGNOU after scoring 49.92%?
  8. Am I eligible to get admission for LLB after completion of graduation from IGNOU?
  9. Minimum marks required in H.S. for IGNOU Under graduate courses?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for government job after completion completion of BA graduation from IGNOU?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for LLB course after completion of graduation with 36 percentage?
  12. Can I do B.Ed from IGNOU after just completion of my graduation?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for MBA course after completion of graduation with 55% marks?
  14. Can I take M.Com course after completion of graduation course in BA with 65% marks?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for B.Ed from IGNOU after completing graduation with 44% marks
  16. Am I eligible to apply for B.Ed course after completion of graduation from UP college?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for IPS officer exam after completion of graduation from open board?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for M.A Geography from IGNOU after completion of graduation course?
8th May 2017, 06:01 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IPS after completion of graduation from IGNOU with 50 percentage marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam, I want to know that I had done my graduation from IGNOU (Indra Gandhi national university) with 50% I know its not good but I want to become IPS so can I apply for it. Please reply. It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon.

Yes, you are eligible for IPS after completion of graduation from IGNOU with 50% marks. To become an IPS Officer, you have to clear the Civil Service Examinations conducted by the UPSC. Civil Service Examinations have three parts, namely Preliminary Examinations, Main Examinations and Interview. Candidates those who have passed degree from any university, incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared deemed as a University are eligible for civil service examinations. Therefore, you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination (IPS) after completion of graduation from IGNOU with 50% marks.
8th May 2017, 08:55 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IPS after completion of graduation from IGNOU with 50 percentage marks?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IPS examination after completion of your graduationwith 50% aggregate marks from IGNOU. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to apply for IPS examination. The age criteria required to apply for IPS examination is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules to apply for IPS examination.
8th May 2017, 09:34 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IGNOU refers to Indira Gandhi National Open University and the degree provided by same is valid for appearing in every competitive examination.

Further IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as below :-

i) You must hold the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have completed your graduation in any subject from a recognized open or regular university.

So having completed your graduation with 50% marks from IGNOU you are eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination on the basis of educational qualification required for appearing in same examination.

For more queries related to Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
8th May 2017, 10:39 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, IGNOU is an UGC recognized distance education institute and you can definitely apply for IPS after completing graduation from there. With the above percentage in graduation, you are eligible to apply for IPS examination. Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years, for OBC candidates the age is 35 years and for SC/ST candidates it is 37 years. You must be an Indian citizen with a height of 165 cms for men and 150 cms for women. Minimum chest expansion for men should be 84 cms and 79cms for women. You should be physically fit.

So, if you fulfill the above eligibility criteria then you can definitely apply for IPS.
8th May 2017, 11:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and it is one of the higher administrative post for joining which you need to qualify Civil Services examination organized by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as discussed below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course from a recognized regular or open university.

Note :- For IPS wing of Civil Services you also need to satisfy the required physical fitness as per the requirement norms.

So having completed your graduation from IGNOU ( Indira Gandhi National Open University ) you are certainly eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination on the basis of educational requirement for the same as IGNOU is one of the Central University and hence degree / certificate issued by same is accepted everywhere.

For more details about Civil Services examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
9th May 2017, 12:15 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy you tell you that definitely you are eligible for IPS examination which is conducted by UPSC after the completion of your Graduation form IGNOU.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline form a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for IPS examination.
IGNOU is also a recognised University. So, you are definitely eligible for it.
12th May 2017, 01:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for IPS exam because IGNOU is recognized University.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For SC/ST category:- No limit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?