15th November 2016, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Aeronautical Engineering with a weak eyesight?

Respected Sir, I want to pursue Aeronautical Engineering but I have a weak eyesight. I want to know am I eligible to join Aeronautical Engineering with a weak eyesight? If yes then please tell me the procedure of admission.

16th November 2016, 07:33 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Aeronautical Engineering with a weak eyesight?

In order to pursue aeronautical engineering you must fulfill the following requirements:

> You must be an Indian citizen.

> Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years.

> Candidates who have completed their BE/B.Tech in ECE/EEE/CSE etc are eligible to pursue this course.

You have to appear for GATE examination and the selection will be done on the basis of GATE score.

Eyesight is not a problem, but you must have a normal eyesight. Before joining the course you have to face a medical test in which your eyesight will be examined, so you must have a normal eyesight. As you are having a weak eyesight, so it may cause some difficulties for you.
16th November 2016, 09:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Aeronautical Engineering with a weak eyesight?

Admission in aeronautical engineering course doesn't require perfect eyesight. Only in case of jobs which require perfect eyesight will ask for such criteria.

For doing any engineering course like aeronautical stream, there is no such criteria mentioned. Admission will be based on the performance in JEE main or any other entrance exam.
28th July 2019, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

My son who is studying in 1st year pre University. He has problem with his wrist bone of left hand.(will not turn full). So can he persue areonautical engg
4th January 2021, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for aeronautical engineer with myopia
27th August 2021, 10:14 PM
Available here
Senior Member+

Candidates must have 12th passed with Physics Chemistry and Mathematics and B.Tech Degree are Eligible.

Age limit- 16 to 28 years.

Normal Eye Sight required
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?