7th May 2017, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for MCA after completing my graduation in Zoology?

Am I eligible for MCA after completing my graduation in Zoology from any recognized college/university in West Bengal? I had Mathematics as my major subject in 2 and also secured above 70% marks. But in graduation, I did not opt Math as my additional subject. If MCA is not the good career option for a Zoology graduate, what are the diverse career options I can opt after my completion? Your answer will help me a lot. Thanks in advance.

8th May 2017, 06:30 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA after completing my graduation in Zoology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible for MCA after completing my graduation in Zoology from any recognized college/university in West Bengal? I had Mathematics as my major subject in 2 and also secured above 70% marks. But in graduation, I did not opt Math as my additional subject. If MCA is not the good career option for a Zoology graduate, what are the diverse career options I can opt after my completion? Your answer will help me a lot. Thanks in advance.

Yes, you are eligible for MCA after completing graduation in Zoology. As mentioned by you, that you have studied 10+2 with Mathematics as a subject. Therefore, you are eligible to study MCA. Those candidates who have passed any degree with Mathematics at plus 2 levels are eligible for MCA admission. MCA course is available in various universities and colleges in India. Admission to the course is done on the basis of an entrance test. Duration of the course is three years. Scope for the MCA graduates in the MNCs is high.
8th May 2017, 10:37 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, as you had mathematics in your 12th standard, so you are eligible to apply for Master of Computer Application. Therefore, it is not mandatory to study mathematics in graduation as you have already studied it in 12th standard. Candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream are eligible for MCA, but with the conditions applied.

However, I have attached a link below where you will be able to find the eligibility and other related details regarding MCA. So, download the file and go through it carefully.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf master of computer application.pdf(29.1 KB, 72 views)
9th May 2017, 12:20 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot apply for MCA course after the completion of B.Sc course with Zoology. Since you have not studied Mathematics in your Graduation, you cannot apply for MCA course.
Candidates those who have completed BCA, BBA, B.Tech or Graduation with Science subjects studying Mathematics as a subject in it from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for MCA course.
13th May 2017, 10:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for MCA course because your graduation subject is not Mathematics or Computer Science.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree with Mathematics or Computer Science from a recognized University are eligible for MCA course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?