9th January 2014, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Amy I eligible for B.V.Sc having degrees in Microbiology and Biotechnology?

hi...i'm jothi i would like know about b.v.sc course details.. actually i'm a biology student and i did my u.g in microbiology and p.g in biotechnology now i'm much more interested in veterinary science and i would like to do bachelor degree in that at chennai... my question is am i eligible to this course and i can get any preference about my degree or i should done this with my school certificate... please reply to this as soon as possible...

Related Questions:
  1. Scope MSc in microbiology? is biotechnology much better than microbiology? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What is better between Biotechnology and Microbiology?
  3. Which course is better between M.Sc in Microbiology and M.Sc. in Biotechnology having completed B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  4. Possibility to persue M.Sc microbiology plus Phd in environmental microbiology or microbiology after B.Tech Biotechnology and gained experience as an RA in Solid waste management
  5. Which courses can I opt for after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology? Is MS associated with Biotechnology a good choice for me?
  6. Which course is better between MSc microbiology and biotechnology?
  7. Which has better prospects, BSc Biotechnology or BSc Microbiology?
  8. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc(biotechnology), either M.Sc(forensic) or M.Sc(microbiology) or M.Sc(biotechnology)?
  9. What is Biotechnology, Nanotechnology and Microbiology? Which is better?
  10. List of the colleges which organize exam for MSc in Biotechnology or Microbiology
  11. How can I prepare for genetic engineering entrance exam? I am a study of class 11th
  12. How can I do BVSc?
  13. How to do both Microbiology and Biotechnology? I have done MSc
  14. Can I do MSc in Biotechnology after completing BSc Microbiology
  15. Eligibility for M.Sc(Microbiology) after B.Sc(Microbiology) and DMLT nearly 18 years ago? Subjects to be opted for M.Sc?
  16. Can I do MSc Microbiology after passing B.Tech Biotechnology? I have done my B.Tech in Biotechnology
  17. Universities in which I can pursue M.Phil in Biotechnology/Microbiology/Biochemistry/Lifesciences in distance mode?
  18. Which is better between Microbiology and Biotechnology?
17th August 2014, 01:05 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Amy I eligible for B.V.Sc having degrees in Microbiology and Biotechnology?

If you have done 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board of education then, surely you will be eligible for B.V.Sc course. Entrance examination is conducted for this course and definitely you can apply for it as you satisfy all its criteria.

AIPVT is conducted every year for admission into this course and there are some criteria that you need to fulfill to become eligible for this entrance exam.

As said above you need to pass 10+2 with 50% marks in PCB stream. There is relaxation in marks for SC/STand OBC category candidates which will be 10%. Age should be above 17 years of age and there is no upper age limit mentioned. You should be an Indian citizen.

The exam will be objective type and questions related to biology will be given more importance and in addition you have to face questions from chemistry and physics subjects. There will be negative marking too for this exam so, you need to attempt answers carefully.

As you have done Post Graduation in Biotechnology so, you must be having good knowledge of your subject which will certainly help you in the entrance exam. Also i must advice you that you have good qualification but still you are going for this course which will be a very long course of almost 5 years duration. You must take your decision carefully and don't regret later. Biotechnology is not a bad field and there are many pharmaceutical companies hiring for their research and development.

Regards,
Ajay Gupta
13th December 2015, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Amy I eligible for B.V.Sc having degrees in Microbiology and Biotechnology?

I'm going finish my b.tech biotechnology can I study vac. I'm so interested to become a veterinary doctor
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?