20th August 2014, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Best colleges to do under graduation in Humanities/Sociology in India? What are the subjects to study?

This is for my daughter. Now she is in XI std in Chinmaya International School Coimbatore. She has scored 96% marks in SSLC (CBSE)examination and hope she will score good marks in XI std too.
I would like to know which are the best colleges to do under graduation in humanities/Sociology in India.I would also like to know future scope for further studies to build a good career also if she choose this stream even out of India.

Now she wants to do Humanities/ Sociology. What are offering undergraduate degree in Humanities/sociology,what are the subjects to study there,including optional.

please help me with the name of colleges and the criteria to get in to that colleges.

Looking forward for your reply. Thank you so much.

22nd August 2014, 01:12 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best colleges to do under graduation in Humanities/Sociology in India? What are the subjects to study?

It is very nice that your daughter scored good marks in 10th. Sociology is offered by many Universities in India and top Universities give admission on the basis of marks in 10+2. Hence, make sure that your daughter get top class marks in 10+2 as the cutoff in colleges of DU goes very high. There are many other Universities too for admission for which your daughter will be eligible to apply.

Some of the best colleges for Sociology course are listed below:

1. Government Kamla Raja Girls Post Graduate (Autonomous) College, Gwalior

2. Sarojini Naidu Government Girls Post Graduate (Autonomous) College, Bhopal

3. Bankey Bihari Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Budaun

4. Arya Kanya PG College, Jhansi

5. Rameshwari Devi Kanya Mahavidyalya, Agra

6. Vasant Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Varanasi

7. Indira Gandhi Mahila Degree Mahavidyalaya, Jajpur

8. Guru Nanak Girls PG College, Udaipur

Students studying sociology can join social work, public administration, social and family welfare, teaching and data analysts jobs.

Regards,
Ajay Gupta
1st November 2017, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Best colleges to do under graduation in Humanities/Sociology in India? What are the subjects to study?

Please suggest me a few best schools for class 11th for humanity stream in India having hostels for girls?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?