1st May 2015, 04:14 AM
Unregistered

Which is better Agriculture or BDS? Which has more salary? Should I take M.Sc for better job?

Which is better agriculture or BDS..???after B.Sc agricultre should i take M.sc for better job....??which has more salary....??...for BDS ...MD is needed .....

3rd May 2015, 11:15 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Which is better Agriculture or BDS? Which has more salary? Should I take M.Sc for better job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which is better agriculture or BDS..???after B.Sc agricultre should i take M.sc for better job....??which has more salary....??...for BDS ...MD is needed .....
Which is better Agriculture or BDS?

Both the Agriculture and BDS have very good scope and have equal importance. You can select any one of the course based on your Interest and future aspiration. However, I prefer that you can apply for BDS course instead Agriculture, which is having good scope.

Which has more salary?

The salary depends on various factors like, Technical Skill, Qualification and Company. If, you have a good Technical Skill, Qualification then definitely you may get high salary for sure. However, you must take special care while selecting the company to get high salary package.

Should I take M.Sc for better job?

Yes, it is true. If you complete Master then you may get good job based on your qualification. Qualification played a very important role at the time interview. So, It is good if you complete a Master's degree in relevant specialization.
4th May 2015, 02:45 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better Agriculture or BDS? Which has more salary? Should I take M.Sc for better job?

Both of the courses are good and can fetch you a great career ahead, if you pursue it in the proper way.

However, I have mentioned below the career aspects of both the courses.

Kindly have a look at it.

Jobs after B.Sc in Agriculture:

Following are some of the job profiles for B.Sc in Agriculture graduates.

> Agriculture officer

> Assistant Plantation Manager

> Territory Manager

> Trial coordinator

> Technical Manager

> Agricultural Research Scientist

> Agriculture Development Officer, etc.

You can work in many Agricultural Industries like;

> Agri Botany

> Agri Biotechnology

> Agri Chemistry

> Agri Entomology

> Agronomy

> Extension Education

> Forestry

> Social Forestry

> Agri Economics

> Agri Extension

> Agri Engineering

> Agri Statistics

> Agri Zoology

> Farming System Management

> Horticulture Mycology

> Micro Biology

> Crop Production

> Plant Physiology

> Soil Conservation

> Sericulture

> Tea Husbandry and Technology

> Plant Ecology

> Plant Pathology

> Seed Technology

> Soil Science, etc.

Private sector provides a lot of career options for B.Sc in Agriculture graduates.

Some of the areas that offer a good platform for B.Sc in Agriculture graduates include the following:

> Agriculture Marketing

> Banking

> Forestry

> Home Science

> Horticulture

> Dairy Technology

> Fisheries Science

> Food Science & Technology

> Sericulture

> Veterinary Science, etc.

Government Sector companies also have good n B.Sc in Agriculture graduates.

Some of the top organizations that recruit B.Sc in Agriculture graduates include the following:

> Indian Agricultural Research Institute

> National Seeds Corporation Limited

> North Eastern Region Agricultural Marketing Corporation

> State Farms Corporation of India, etc.

Now, coming to the salary package, well it differs from company to company, but however, approximate fresher salary is estimated to be around Rs.12,000/- - Rs.15,000/-

Private Sector Jobs after BDS:

Private sector offers a lot of job opportunities to BDS graduates.

An entry level candidate can start practice in the dental department of a self financed hospital.

After gaining sufficient experience and expertise they can start their own private practice.

Those who attains higher studies in dentistry can get in to dental Colleges as lecturers.

They can also find openings in Research projects and Pharmaceutical Companies.

Remuneration will be comparatively less for entry level candidates, but as they gain sufficient experience they can demand higher salaries.

The various areas of their employment are:

> Government hospital

> Reputed dental colleges

> Research and advisory departments

> Industries manufacturing oral care products and medicines like toothpastes, mouth washes, gum paints etc.

> Forensic department

> Research on related subjects like Oral cancer, etc.

Jobs in Government Sector:

There are many career opportunities for the BDS graduates in the government sectors.

They can get employment through various government examinations such as UPSC, State PSCs, SSC, Public sector banks, etc

They are also recruited by other departments like Railways, Defense and Ordnance factories for the hospitals run by them.

At the entry level the BDS graduates can practice as dentist in government hospitals, private nursing homes, corporate or industrial hospitals.

As mentioned earlier that the initial salary depends totally upon the type of organisation you are working for and slowly and steadily you can gain success. However, the initial monthly salary will fluctuate between Rs.15,000/- - Rs.20,000/-
29th September 2015, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

HI, sir
i am already studying in ouat college through icar n now i have got chance in private medical college HALDIA DENTAL COLLEGE in west bengal through wbjee IN BDS... KINDLY suggest me which would be better option for me.. thank you
9th May 2018, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Can we expect more opportunities and salary in agriculture when compared to horticulture
24th May 2019, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best and easiest course to do agriculture or BDS?
21st December 2021, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

Which one is more better agriculture or BDS?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?