3rd March 2023, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Is BFA is really useful in film direction degree in FTII?

I did 12th in icom. But I got only 39.45 %.after that I completed 3 year mechanical draughtsman course from dadar ITI. Now I am working as a facad designer in Dubai from last 7 years and now I am 28 years old. Now I want to do my career in film direction from FTII Pune.in my search I found if u want to take admission in FTII then you must have bachelor degree.but if I do 4 years BFA and then 3 years direction then it's took 7 years.thats why I am searching other way to get direct admission in FTII. So please help me to find out easiest way. Either I will go for directly for B.com last year or I will go for BFA.
If BFA education really help me in direction course then I will do that other wise I will go for b.com. Please help me to find out proper way to being a good movie director.

9th March 2023, 11:02 AM
Antonio 2023

Default Re: Is BFA is really useful in film direction degree in FTII?

A BFA program typically includes courses in various aspects of visual and performing arts, such as film studies, screenwriting, theater, and art history. These courses can help you develop a strong foundation in the creative and technical aspects of filmmaking, which can be beneficial when pursuing a degree in film direction.

The eligibility criteria for the post-graduate diploma course in art direction and production design at FTII Pune are as follows:
• Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent
• Aptitude and interest in art and design
• A portfolio of creative work showcasing your skills and abilities in the visual arts and design
25th March 2023, 10:51 PM
Ar_pit

Default Re: Is BFA is really useful in film direction degree in FTII?

BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) is not directly related to film direction, but it can be useful in developing skills such as visual storytelling, cinematography, and production design, which are essential for a career in film direction. The Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) is a renowned institution for film direction in India, and their curriculum includes various aspects of film-making, such as screenwriting, direction, cinematography, editing, sound design, and more.

While a BFA degree may not be a direct requirement for admission into FTII's film direction program, it can provide a strong foundation in visual arts, which can be beneficial for those interested in pursuing a career in film direction. Additionally, having a BFA degree may also enhance your artistic sensibilities, visual literacy, and critical thinking abilities, which can be useful in the filmmaking process.

Ultimately, the decision to pursue a BFA degree before applying to FTII's film direction program depends on your personal interests, career goals, and artistic aspirations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?