12th September 2015, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Can I display 'Doctor' before my name being a Bachelor of Physiotherapy graduate?

Hello,
I have completed my Bachelor of Physiotherapy course. I just want to know that can I display Doctor before my name? Kindly tell me about this.

13th September 2015, 04:29 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I display 'Doctor' before my name being a Bachelor of Physiotherapy graduate?

I am sorry to say this but a Bachelor of Physiotherapy holder is not entitled write Doctor before his name.
So you cannot write Doctor before your name.
Only MBBS holder or PhD holders are allowed to write Doctor before their name so you are not in that category and you cannot write Doctor before your name.
13th September 2015, 10:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I display 'Doctor' before my name being a Bachelor of Physiotherapy graduate?

Physiotherapy is also a branch of medical science and you can surely use Dr. in front of your name. Indian Association of Physiotherapists had already declared that Bachelor in Physiotherapy candidates are eligible for use Dr. prefix like other doctors.

Physiotherapy profession is not regulated by Medical council of India and you don't have to worry about anything regarding the Dr. prefix.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?