4th June 2021, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Tech after BA in Arts?

I have done BA in arts. Now l want to do b.tech but some collages are not taking such kinds of students please confirm me can I do btech after arts.

5th June 2021, 12:40 AM
Pikachuuuu

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech after BA in Arts?

If you have completed intermediate with PCM subject combination than only you can get admission in BTech.

You can get admission through JEE entrance exam.

If you haven't completed intermediate with PCM subject combination than you can't get BTech admission.

Your BA course won't affect anything.
5th June 2021, 02:28 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes. You can do B.Tech after completion of BA in Arts course. But generally admission into this course is done based on the 12th class qualification. I think it is generally a waste of time pursuing B.Tech again after completion of BA in Arts course.

>> Several other courses are,
@ Master of Business Administration
@ Business Analytics course
@ Master of Arts
@ Bachelor of Law
@ Data Scientist.etc.,

>> Even after completion of the course, you may find job opportunities in Social Work, Civil Services, Journalism, Mass Communication, Economics and Finance..etc.,

@ But if you still want to pursue B.Tech after completion of BA in Arts course you can go ahead with this.
6th June 2021, 12:55 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do BTech after BA in arts but on the basis of your 10+2 qualification not on the basis of graduation. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects with a minimum score of 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized board. Admission selection will be on the basis of rank/score obtained in JEE Main/JEE Advanced.

I am also giving you the JEE Main website link for your reference that is https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/
6th June 2021, 12:21 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, arts students are not eligible to Btech course.

You need to study 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognised University.
Also there is percentage criteria and have to score at least 50% marks in 12th with PCM subjects combination.

Hence, you should go for some arts related course or some other course which required any stream 12th pass students.

You also have option to try for courses like Hotel Management, Chartered Accountancy, Law, BBA and many more.

So, prepare for the entrance exam for these courses. There are many good colleges who give admission for these courses.
6th June 2021, 04:46 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot do BTech after BA Arts.

Because the educational qualification required to get admission in BTech course in 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as a main subject.

Your age should be above 17 years old.
6th June 2021, 05:30 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

✓ No, you can't get into the B.Tech degree. Because 12th arts candidates are not eligible to do B-Tech degree . Because the educational qualification required to get admission in B-Tech course is 12th standard with mathematics , physics and chemistry as a main subject. So, you are not eligible to crack the B.Tech entrance exam.
7th June 2021, 06:43 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes, you can get into the B. Tech degree but not based on you Graduate Degree but you can again crack the entrance examination with your Intermediate degree and get into the B. Tech course.
Since you have studied the Maths, Physics and Chemistry subjects in the 10+2 you are eligible to crack the B.Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?