16th February 2017, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in CA after 10+2 with PCMB?

Hello, I am appearing for 10+2 exams this year in science PCMB subjects. But I would like to do CA Course after 12. Can I get information about the process of getting admission in CA college. Is there any percentage criteria for any entrance or anything else. Waiting for a reply!

16th February 2017, 11:55 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in CA after 10+2 with PCMB?

To become a CA the candidate must completed his 10+2 with commerce stream. You are appearing your 10+2 from science stream so you don't have any knowledge about accountancy. Chartered Accountancy is a profession based on accountancy and the candidate who will pursue this course must have sound knowledge of accountancy. You have to take readmission in class 11 with commerce stream if you want to pursue CA and want to become CA.
17th February 2017, 01:30 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission to study CA course after the completion of class 12th with Science stream. In order to be eligible for CA studies, candidates must have to complete class 12th with Commerce stream.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th studying Commerce stream from a recognised Board are eligible to opt for CA course.
17th February 2017, 04:34 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am appearing for 10+2 exams this year in science PCMB subjects. But I would like to do CA Course after 12. Can I get information about the process of getting admission in CA college. Is there any percentage criteria for any entrance or anything else. Waiting for a reply!

Yes, you can get admission to study CA after 10+2 with PCMB subjects. Those who have passed 10+2 in any stream can apply for CA Common Proficiency Test (CPT). The CPT examinations are held twice every year in the month of June and December. After clearing CPT, you can appear for CA Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC). After clearing IPCC, you can do three year articleship training under a Practicing Chartered Accountant. After that, you can appear for CA Final. The CA course is conducted by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. The ICAI website link is Click Here
17th February 2017, 06:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, any stream students can apply for CA admission. You are eligible to apply for CA CPT registration and after clearing CPT, you can apply for CA IPCC registration. There is no stream restrictions, all you need is a class 12th qualification in any stream.

Hence, no need to worry about anything, just make sure that you are well prepared for CA CPT. You need to qualify this exam to get to next stage.
20th June 2017, 09:28 AM
mariate24

Smile Re: Can I get admission in CA after 10+2 with PCMB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Chartered Accountancy course has 3 levels
CPT
IPCC
Final
After 12th standard you must register yourself for CPT at ICAI. Any stream, science or commerce doesn't matter. It is an entrance exam. The exams are conducted on june and december- second sunday. For registration you must submit copies of 10th certificate, 12th marksheet, and birth certificate. The thing you have to note is there is no CA college. The exams are conducted by ICAI. They itself provide coachings but still there are many private institutions which provide coachings.
CPT is Common Proficiency Test. Registration costs 6000 rupees. It has 4 subjects.
1. Accountancy 60 marks
2. Mercantile law 40 marks
3. Qualitative aptitude 50 marks
4. Economics 50 marks
In total 200 marks. Out of this a student requires minimum 30% marks in each subject. And in aggregate 50% marks.
12th May 2018, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get admission in CA after 10 2 with PCMB?

Is it possible to achieve in CPT without having accountancy and commerce in 2 group? Please reply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?