7th February 2014, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

Can I get Economics honours if studied Arts in +2?

Hi i want to do ba eco hons in delhi university but my stream is arts & my subject is english,hindi,pol sc,geo,phy st
&
economics as a additional subject .

11th February 2014, 11:07 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Economics honours if studied Arts in +2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi i want to do ba eco hons in delhi university but my stream is arts & my subject is english,hindi,pol sc,geo,phy st
&
economics as a additional subject .
Hey friend,

Can I get Economics honours if studied Arts in +2?

Yeah you can join in B.A in Honours in Delhi University as with your qualification of completed +2.

The B.A honors is a Undergradaute course of 3 years duration consisting of 6 semesters.

Candidates who have passed Class XII examination of the CBSE or any other
examination considered equivalent by the University of Delhi shall be eligible for
taking the joint entrance test for admission to the B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics.

The candidate should have secured an aggregate of at least 60% marks in his/her +2 (55% for SC, ST, CW and PC categories) in four papers
including English and Mathematics.

The education qualification which is needed for joining in B.A Honors is that the candidate from Arts can persue B.A (Economics) provided that they has Economic Geography/ Applied Mathematics/Economics or other related field as one of the main subjects.

If you satisfy them then you can join in the course.

ALL THE BEST
16th May 2015, 12:11 AM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: Can I get Economics honours if studied Arts in +2?

As an Arts student in 12th, in my opinion, you should go for the field of Law.

LLB can be done through 2 modes :

1. By fighting the CLAT examination.

2. Through simple LLB.

If you appear in CLAT and secure a good rank in that then you will be given admission in any of the National Law Universities across the country for a 5 years BA-LLB degree.

But yes, if you have decided to for the Eco (Hons) then you can go for that. Yes you are eligible because of the same course, there is no such hard and fast subject criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?