14th June 2023, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I get job in IT Sector with 3 years gap after BTech?

Hi everyone, I want to get job in IT Sector. I have secured 70% marks in BTech, 52% in 12th and 63% in 10th standard. I have a gap of 3 years after my BTech course. Because, after BTech, I joined MBA course but I had to discontinue because of some reasons. So, can I secure job in IT Sector?

15th June 2023, 01:26 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in IT Sector with 3 years gap after BTech?

Yes, you can still get jobs in the IT sector even having a gap of 3 years after your B.Tech. degree course if you have the required skills as per the job profile requirements. For getting the jobs, you will have to explore the option of off-campus opportunities through various job portals.

Further, to explore the job options you should regularly check the job portals like Naukri.com, Linkedin, etc.. You can also ask for referrals from your connections working in IT sectors and try to crack the job interviews. Also, you must justify the reason for break after your B.tech. degree course.
15th June 2023, 07:56 PM
Shantanubose22

An employment gap of less than 9 months is more acceptable.

>> You can get a job after a career gap of 3 years by focusing on skill development and gaining part-time work experience.
16th June 2023, 08:20 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to get a job in the IT sector with a 3-year gap after completing your BTech degree

Here are a few tips to improve your chances of getting a job after a 3-year gap:-

1. Update your skills:
Use the time during your gap to update your technical skills. The IT industry is constantly evolving, so it's important to stay up to date with the latest technologies, programming languages, and tools.

2. Gain relevant experience:
Even if you haven't been working in the IT industry during your gap, try to gain relevant experience by undertaking freelance projects, contributing to open-source projects, or participating in online coding competitions. This will help you build your portfolio and showcase your skills to potential employers.

3. Networking:
Networking is crucial in any job search. Connect with professionals in the IT industry through online platforms, attend industry events, and join relevant communities or forums. Networking can help you discover job opportunities and make valuable connections that may lead to job referrals or recommendations.

4. Update your resume and cover letter:
Tailor your resume and cover letter to highlight your skills, relevant experience, and any projects you worked on during your gap period. Focus on demonstrating your ability to adapt, learn, and contribute to the IT sector.

5. Be prepared for interviews:
Practice for interviews by researching common interview questions and preparing answers that highlight your skills and experiences. Be ready to explain the reasons for your career gap and emphasize the steps you took to stay updated and relevant during that time.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?