1st September 2019, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I get lateral BTech admission in IIT Delhi after completing Diploma in Instrumentation and Control course?

Hi Sir, I want to get admission in IIT Delhi for studying BTech course through lateral entry. I am studying Diploma in Instrumentation and Control. So, after completing my Diploma course, I will get admission or not?

8th September 2019, 07:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get lateral BTech admission in IIT Delhi after completing Diploma in Instrumentation and Control course?

No, there is no lateral entry entrance exam available for admission in IIT and you can only get admission in 1st year BTech through JEE Main and Advanced. There are no lateral seats available at IITs for BTech degree course.

If you want lateral entry admission then you have to appear for state level engineering entrance exam. There are some colleges offering such admission.
8th September 2019, 11:28 PM
Incredible Chinnu

Default Re: Can I get lateral BTech admission in IIT Delhi after completing Diploma in Instrumentation and Control course?

Yes you can get lateral entry if you have completed diploma in instrumentation and control.

Basically the duration of B.Tech is 4 years where as for the candidates who have completed their diploma from the recognized board have a chance to get a lateral entry in the second year.

That means you suppose to study B Tech with 3 years only.

In this you will have chance to study B.Tech in IIT. Where admission into IIT will be based on JEE Advanced.

If you have JEE score with diploma then you will get a chance of lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?