15th September 2014, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I join B.Com in any college without Accountancy?

Now I'm doing my plus-two in NIOS.
My subjects are BUSINESS STUDIES,ECONOMICS,SOCIOLOGY,POLITICAL SCIENCE AND ENGLISH.
I wanna do B.com after my plus-two.
But everyone says I wont get admission for B.com without Accountancy.
Is that true.What should I do now?

20th September 2014, 02:35 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join B.Com in any college without Accountancy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Now I'm doing my plus-two in NIOS.
My subjects are BUSINESS STUDIES,ECONOMICS,SOCIOLOGY,POLITICAL SCIENCE AND ENGLISH.
I wanna do B.com after my plus-two.
But everyone says I wont get admission for B.com without Accountancy.
Is that true.What should I do now?
Nothing like that you can get admission to B.Com course after completing 12th standard. Intermediate course in any discipline is the basic qualification required for B.Com course degree. But, most of the colleges gives first preference to the candidates who have studied mathematics subjects in 12th standard.

Since you have not studied Accountancy subject in 12th standard. Accountancy is an important subject for B.Com course. So, it is mandatory for you to learn Accounting basics.

B.Com (i.e) Bachelor of Commerce course duration varies from a minimum of three years to a maximum of four years. There are so many colleges which offers B.Com course.

Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates should have completed their 10+2 or equivalent exam in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognized university. First preference will be given to the candidates who have studied Accountancy or Mathematics subject.
Some reputed colleges conduct entrance exams as well as interview to admit the eligible candidates for this course.

Best B.Com Colleges:-

St. Xavier's College- Kolkata
Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
Loyola College, Chennai
Lady Shriram College for Women, Delhi
Christ College, Bangalore
Hansraj College, Delhi
Symbiosis Society College for Arts & Commerce, Pune
K.P.B. Hinduja College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai
Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
St. Joseph College, Bangalore
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?