7th February 2017, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I join fashion designing field after studying commerce stream in class 12th?

I’m in 11th class and I have taken commerce. My interest in fashion designing will you tell me what I should do for this n how much time it takes to complete this course. Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to join NIFT to study Fashion Designing course if studying with Commerce stream? List of Fashion Designing courses for me?
  2. How can I pursue Fashion Designing course after class 12th Commerce?
  3. What stream should I choose after 10th to get into Fashion Designing field?
  4. How to join Fashion Designing course being failed in 12th commerce? Is it possible to get admission in Goa?
  5. How should I join fashion designing course after completing 12th with commerce stream
  6. How can I join the career in the field of Designing and Fashion after passing 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I join fashion designing course after completing 10th class with 95%? I want to join fashion designing course
  8. How can I study Fashion Designing course in Graduation after completing 12th Commerce?
  9. How can I join Fashion college after completing 12th in medical stream?
  10. Can i do CEC in class 12th and proceed for Fashion Designing?
  11. Courses related to Fashion Designing for 12th Commerce student?
  12. How can I pursue a career in Fashion Designing after completing class 12th? Which College or University should I join? -- [New]
  13. What should I do to start fashion designing right after 10th exams?
  14. Eligibility for Textile designing and jewelry designing after 12th while studying CA?
  15. How to join fashion designing? I am studying B.Tech 1st year
  16. How can I pursue my career in Fashion Designing after completing class 12th (Medical)? Which College or Institute should I join?
  17. Can I do diploma in Fashion Designing after 10th and then join Bachelor's of Fashion Designing?
  18. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to pursue Fashion Designing in the future? Which subject will be important?
7th February 2017, 11:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join fashion designing field after studying commerce stream in class 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I’m in 11th class and I have taken commerce. My interest in fashion designing will you tell me what I should do for this n how much time it takes to complete this course. Thanks.
Yes, you can join in fashion designing course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard or diploma course from a recognized board/university are eligible for fashion designing course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
8th February 2017, 02:31 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join fashion designing field after studying commerce stream in class 12th?

Yes, there is no such problem in it, you can very much go for the above mentioned course if you have completed your +2 level of examination from commerce stream, there is no such problem in it as the minimum eligibility criteria is such that the candidate should have completed a minimum of 12th level of education from a recognized board.
8th February 2017, 12:05 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NIFT entrance examination conducted for admission in fashion designing course after 12th.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in any discipline and age limit to appear for examination is 23 years as on 1st October 2017.

You are eligible to get only in Bachelor of Designing course after commerce stream. For examination pattern and syllabus visit at www.nift.ac.in.
8th February 2017, 12:21 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to pursue fashion designing degree course after passing 12th standard with commerce stream:

You are eligible to appear in the entrance exam of fashion designing degree course as per the rules.

Your percentage should not be less than 45.

Minimum age should not be less than 17 years.

You must have Indian citizenship.
8th February 2017, 01:04 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, you can join fashion designing field after studying commerce stream in class 12th. There are various courses available in the fashion designing field for the commerce students like BBA in Fashion Entrepreneurship, BA (H), B.Des (Fashion Design), B.Des (Fashion Communication) etc. The courses are available to study in various colleges in India. You should have good drawing skills and imagination to study the course. The course is useful for you to make a career in the fashion designing industry.

MIT Institute of Design - Official Website

Amity School of Fashion Technology - Official Website

International College of Fashion – Official Website

Pearl Academy - Official Website
8th February 2017, 08:23 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can but there is no more choice of designing course after 12th with commerce stream.

Candidates passed 12th with any other stream other than PCM are eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission only in Bachelor of Designing course.

The course is generally of three or four year duration varies with institutes.
8th February 2017, 08:27 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Yes, you can join Fashion Designing courses. This course is based on your own ability and design creation, so this course doesn't check the stream of the students, but some institutions give admission to only those students who are from science stream. Commerce student can also pursue this course it will not create any hurdle for them. Fashion designing course takes a minimum 4 years to complete. The list of colleges are here under:
Sophia SBKS Polytechnic, Delhi
N I F T (New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata)
S N D T Women University, Mumbai
Apeejay Institute of Design, New Delhi
Pearl Academy of Fashion, New Delhi
Northern Institute of Fashion and Technology, Mohali
N I D, Ahmedabad
Wigan & Leigh College, New Delhi
8th February 2017, 09:00 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can join Fashion designing field after the completion of class 12th studying Commerce field.
Candidates those who have completed class 12th in any discipline from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Fashion designing course.
The duration of the Bachelors degree course of Fashion Designing after the completion of class 12th is of 4 years duration.
20th June 2017, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation from arts. And I want to make my career in fashion designing. What should I do????
24th June 2017, 05:10 PM
yamram

Hi
Yes, you can join fashion designing even after studying commerce stream in 12th standard. The basic eligibility criteria for taking admission in fashion designing is 50% aggregate marks in 10+2.You can either go for B.sc in fashion designing which of 3 years or either you can go for Bachelor in design which is 4 year design.
There are some good institutes and universities which are offering courses in fashion designing are Lovely Professional University, National Institute of Fashion Technology , Pearl Academy with good career opportunities for future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?