3rd January 2018, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I leave my present course to join MBBS?

Am I eligible for NEET? While l am first year student of Ag B.Sc/B.V.Sc/horticulture. If I get medical seat in a college. Can l withdraw from the present course which I am studying now and join MBBS. Please reply earlier.

4th January 2018, 07:59 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I leave my present course to join MBBS?

Eligibility for NEET:
>Candidates must have completed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as compulsory subject from a recognized board.
>Age of the candidates must not be less than 17 years.
>A candidate can appear for NEET exam for a maximum of 3 times.
>Candidates must be Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs and Foreign Nationals.

If you satisfy the above mentioned criteria then you are eligible for NEET exam or else not. If you qualify in NEET exam, then you can leave you present course to join MBBS course on per your wills.
4th January 2018, 08:01 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely if in future you will be able to qualify medical entrance exam then definitely you can leave your present course. There will be no problem if you will able to qualify only you will have to go through few formalities.
4th January 2018, 11:13 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same examination is a national level entrance test held by CBSE for offering admission in undergraduate medical course in various medical colleges across India.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NEET for admission in MBBS degree course being a first year candidate of your Bachelor degree course then I would like to let you know that you are eligible for appearing in NEET if you have completed your Class 12th with PCB group with 50% marks ( or 40% if you belong to reserved category ) from a recognized board of education which is the required educational qualification for appearing in NEET.

For more details regarding NEET you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in .
5th January 2018, 06:41 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can leave your present course and can join MBBS course on the basis of class 12th qualification as you are eligible for it.
But for that, you must have to qualify in the NEET examination.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th examination studying Science stream with PCB as a subject combination from a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it can apply for the NEET examination.
Admission to MBBS course is based on the marks scored in the NEET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?